IGNORED

MQA The Truth lies Somewhere in the Middle

1 hour ago, Rt66indierock said:

Sorry the people are too old.

Chris is hardly in his 40's.  Plenty of gumption and get-up-to-it'ness left in him.  I know "The Savage" has been straining at the straitjacket to get in the squared circle.  I'd put those two up against Lavorgna and his bearded hipster internecine replacement.    ?‍♂️

1 minute ago, rando said:

Chris is hardly in his 40's.  Plenty of gumption and get-up-to-it'ness left in him.  I know "The Savage" has been straining at the straitjacket to get in the squared circle.  I'd put those two up against Lavorgna and his bearded hipster internecine replacement.  Who knows, JA might even pull a Don King and end the bout in the opposite corner than he started it in.  ?‍♂️

Those of us against MQA won’t be the ones rioting. Imagine the end of Blazing Saddles except I’ll be riding off in a town car back to the airport. Only I’ll be heading back to someplace special.

I do concur with the sentiment no brawl is likely to break out in the open.  Age and treachery...

The JA quip was erased because I felt nobody in this audience, excepting you Mr. Brinkman Ship, would recognize a wrestling manager of note that fit this imaginative diorama.  Don King is miles off from the correct characterization.  

yes, I made a double reference - besides the nowhere special comment, there is the famous sequence about multi-culturalism in the Old West, and the big Irish guy agreeing to let in many various ethnicities, but "We don't want the Irish" delivered in the broadest brogue ever..

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/18/2018 at 8:50 PM, Sonicularity said:

The title of this thread is annoying.  It suggests that much of the research to garner any actual knowledge about this lossy format was somehow only one side of a complete story. That is absolute crap.  There is no middle ground.  There are lies and marking BS and a reality this is continually ignored or side-stepped in an effort to promote a proprietary format that could potentially and critically have a negative impact on consumer interests.

There is a middle ground in everything where there are two sides. Extremists on the ends and somewhere between them is the middle ground. Middle ground shouldn't be confused with the dead center or as our President has said, "I'm sure there are good people on both sides."

The truth is not 100% of what has been said By MQA Ltd and the truth is not 100% of what has been said by those who hate MQA.  

Please don't think this title means I will try to persuade haters to like MQA and MQA to like the haters and have a big happy hug in the middle where we all decide MQA is benign and consumers can buy it if they wish. That's not my intention.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

On 9/19/2018 at 10:27 AM, mansr said:

More importantly, MQA does not save any bandwidth. That claim is a complete fabrication.

This is a topic I will address in the seminar. 

Compared to Redbook MQA uses equal or more bandwidth. However, with higher resolutions MQA, just like MP3, can save bandwidth by throwing out data. Whether one accepts that as a tradeoff is a different issue, but it's a fact that MQA can save bandwidth. So can MP3. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

3 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

There is a middle ground in everything where there are two sides. Extremists on the ends and somewhere between them is the middle ground. Middle ground shouldn't be confused with the dead center or as our President has said, "I'm sure there are good people on both sides."

The truth is not 100% of what has been said By MQA Ltd and the truth is not 100% of what has been said by those who hate MQA.  

Please don't think this title means I will try to persuade haters to like MQA and MQA to like the haters and have a big happy hug in the middle where we all decide MQA is benign and consumers can buy it if they wish. That's not my intention.

Agree Chris,

I'm totally fine with the title and I expect nothing less than balance from you. The fun stuff is what happens in the session!

Clearly, as in many things in life, balance does not mean 50:50. And some things are more true than others...

Archimago's Musings: A "more objective" take for the Rational Audiophile.

Beyond mere fidelity, into immersion and realism.

:nomqa: R.I.P. MQA 2014-2023: Hyped product thanks to uneducated, uncritical advocates & captured press.

1 minute ago, mansr said:

I disagree. In some matters, there is no place for "balance." This includes those where an objective truth can be established. For example, men did land on the moon. That some lunatics insist otherwise does not make the notion of a "balanced" view or "middle ground" the least bit meaningful. Would you call those who believe the moon landings really took place extremists? What would a non-extreme position look like?

With MQA, every conceivable technical assessment finds it lacking compared to alternatives. The only thing it does uniquely is produce an "end to end" flow of cash into Stuart's pockets. All the alleged benefits to others are either false ("time domain" nonsense, etc.) or can be achieved more efficiently using royalty-free methods. Again, seeing the truth for what it is cannot be considered extremist.

If MQA actually delivered on even one of its claims, things would be different. Then it would be possible to consider a trade-off. As it stands, there is no trade in adopting MQA, only off.

Yes, but don't forget, it is not just sh!t, it is quality sh!t.