IGNORED

MQA The Truth lies Somewhere in the Middle

yes, I made a double reference - besides the nowhere special comment, there is the famous sequence about multi-culturalism in the Old West, and the big Irish guy agreeing to let in many various ethnicities, but "We don't want the Irish" delivered in the broadest brogue ever..

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Brinkman Ship said:

[Manf.s must] hand over the blueprint of their designs to Bob Stuart.

If so, this is a huge deal.

Worse than the diversion of engineering resources for MQA compatibility.

There is no way around that, Allan

9 minutes ago, Superdad said:

Actually, my quick tour of 10+ other sites looking for decent show reports did not turn up much.  I would like to know about announcements of new products relevant to "computer audio"--specifically streamers/renderers, servers, networking, DACs, and software.  All the sorts of things that interest the CA citizenry.  If you have some links to such, please post them.  Otherwise I'll just hold my breath and hope that either this thread gets back to its title or that someone starts a new, MQA-free show coverage thread.

ask not what someone can do for you

ask what you can do for all the other someones

Rudeness, yes; Gangsters, no.   Some of the comments are over the top, and this bears on anonymity also.

When powerful economic interests are threatened, really bad acts are perpetrated.  I personally know of people who have been beaten up, had their families threatened and worse.  There are well documented cases of people being poisoned and murdered for their science or activism as well.

So, leave off with the gangster comments.

23 minutes ago, John_Atkinson said:

I do a lot of public speaking -  there are ways of dealing with interruptions (though I'm glad RT66indierock didn't bring his blue laser to my own presentation.) With all due respect, Chris appeared to be out of his depth as the presenter of a seminar. He wasn't able to control what was happening and let things get away from him. The fact that he shut it down at 42 minutes into the planned hour was disappointing. That wasn't Marjorie's fault or even the MQA guys' fault. That is down to Chris.

John Atkinson

Editor, Stereophile

Blame the Victim

12 minutes ago, John_Atkinson said:

I don't profit from MQA personally, either directly or indirectly. But I assume that you referring to the fact that Stereophile accepts advertising from companies that feature MQA in their products. It is fair, therefore, to point out that Chris Connaker also accepts advertising from such companies.

John Atkinson

Editor, Stereophile

profit in the broader sense, not as in a paycheck or bonus

use benefit if you want - but it is inescapable