IGNORED

MQA The Truth lies Somewhere in the Middle

10 minutes ago, Shadders said:

My interpretation is that the manufacturers are informed that DRM is coming to audio for streaming, and that MQA will be the only format streamed, or downloadable in the future - the record labels have signed up to this too. Someone published the MQA investors - which included Sony etc.

Labels? What labels? 

Custom room treatments for headphone users.

1 minute ago, mansr said:

On the contrary. Intercepting the decoded output from software like the Tidal app or Audirvana is trivial using off the shelf tools.

The reason that we buy SACDs is because we can rip them with a PS3 etc

50 minutes ago, kumakuma said:

Fortunately, we also have the right to stop reading his magazine.

Magazine? Oh yes! They had those in the 20th century before @TimBL invented websites ... cool 

I’ve also heard that some older folks print out their emails ...

21 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Let's not get off on that pseudonym tangent again. If 2+2=4, it doesn't matter if Dilbert or Homer Simpson says it. 

True. The MQA fist bangers missed an opportunity to rationally discuss the graph shown by you and produced by @Archimago

— probably because they don’t understand it

That “noise” wouldn’t be my own criticism of MQA but rather is seen in other instances of upsampling vs recording at higher bit rates — for example compare DSD64 vs DSD256 recordings in the ultrasonic region.

I’m saying this to be technically fair — obviously MQA wasn’t interested in sending folks to your presentation who were capable of technical responses — perhaps their intention was to disruot?

1 hour ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I stream all music I can and only purchase what can’t be streamed. 

I do both. For stuff I really like, I buy, and only in a format I can rip to disc. I buy SACDs as long as my PS3 keeps working. I have bought Blu Ray but its a real pain to rip. Hi-rez DSD eg DSD256 is typically available for download. I stream for discovery and convenience but don't want to depend on a service to maintain its catalog, or be at the mercy of the format they chose.