IGNORED

Oppo UDP-205 Tidal Streaming Problem

I have a UDP-205 and a Tidal subscription. I've followed instructions re: how to integrate Tidal with my UDP-205 and Tidal does not show up on the Media Control app as an available source. 

Here's my setup:

- Oppo UDP-205 connected via Ethernet to a Erro hub

- Tidal on the iPad and iPhone that have the Media Control App

- Tidal Premium subscription

- iPad and iPhone are on the same network as the Oppo (since the Oppo is hardwired to the network)

There's more to the set up than this, but the issue I have is that I cannot see Tidal on the Media Control app as a source. 

I do not currently have a hardline connection running from a computer to the Oppo (this will take a 25' run of cable). 

Am I missing something re: getting Tidal to show up as a source via Media Control?

Separately, I understand the configuration above will not allow me to stream Tidal Master quality recordings.  If so, is the only solution to run a USB cable from my computer (iMac - which is also hard wired to the Eero) to the Oppo?  If that's the case, is a Fiber Optic USB cable or one of the newer USB active extension cables? 

Hi Girardian,

There are several versions of the Media Control app available for iOS depending on the OPPO model series. The unlike the 10X version, 20X version of the app has no mention of TIDAL support. Unfortunately, I don't have the OPPO UDP-205 so cannot verify if this is actually the case.

Having said that, the UDP-205 is supposed to also be UPnP/DLNA streamer, so there's no reason why you shouldn't be able to use any UPnP/DLNA controller that has TIDAL connectivity to provide it with TIDAL access - eg the mConnect Player app (free Lite version also available).

More interestingly, given the last part of your post, the mConnect Player app can provide (undecoded/distribution) TIDAL MQA Masters file tracks exactly as supplied by TIDAL's online server, as well as standard CD resolution tracks, assuming you've logged in with a TIDAL HiFi account.

I've seen it mentioned that the UDP-205 is able to fully decode the TIDAL MQA tracks under the control of the mConnect Player app:

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/149-blu-ray-players/2821841-official-oppo-udp-205-uhd-blu-ray-player-owner-s-thread-187.html#post56820476

So there should be no need for a computer to tether via USB cable to the OPPO UDP-205 for MQA Masters track streaming from TIDAL!

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox