IGNORED

Everything sounds the same

mansr

4 hours ago, mansr said:

Even the Vatican conducts thorough investigations into claims of miracles, usually finding a mundane explanation. Although they'd very much like a real one, they also don't want to make a mistake. Perhaps the faithful in the field of audio could take a cue from their Catholic brethren.

Really?

mQa is dead!

12 minutes ago, lmitche said:

The simple point here is that digital signals are carried over an analog infrastructure and that whatever makes an analog infrastructure great for reproduction from analog sources also makes it great for reproduction from digital sources.

Excuse my ignorance.  I know there are "digital" boards and "analog" boards but what is an "analog infrastructure"?

mQa is dead!

9 minutes ago, Ralf11 said:

depends on what part of the US - you have to work hard to get white bread* in the white bread town I live in

we do have ketchup tho - it is organic, locally sourced, yada yada

* baguettes excepted

Why do Americans insist upon putting ketchup/catsup on everything? Is the food that bad?

mQa is dead!

1 hour ago, Shadders said:

Hi,

Ok, i am going to bite.

Why would you say that ?

I just looked at the exports of Beef and Lamb - and most of our produce goes to the EU countries, France, Germany and Netherlands. The US is not listed in any of the reports i examined.

So, the issue may be, that what you see as stated as being "English" is in fact a US producer marketing it as "English" as a sales technique, not that it comes from England. Maybe check the fine print ?

Regards,

Shadders.

So, no more issues with mad cow?

mQa is dead!

21 minutes ago, jabbr said:

Isn’t so-called “Canadian bacon” just a type of ham, ie it’s pork loin cured a particular way?

Peameal bacon is made from lean boneless pork loin, trimmed fine, wet cured, and rolled in cornmeal. It is not smoked. Ham is cut from the hind leg of the pig, not the loin and is then wet-cured and often, but not always, smoked. Being as the two things come from different cuts of meat they are most decidedly not the same thing.

mQa is dead!