IGNORED

iTunes 12.6.5 released...

Just what it says: Apple released 12.6.5 for those who use iTunes to update iOS.

Did you read the text after following the link?  

With iTunes 12.6's you can use iTunes to update and maintain your iOS apps on your iPhone. Some people — like me — only update through iTunes. In addition, many people assigned iPhones through their employers cannot update their iPhone OTA. Surely by now, you've noticed 12.7 and 12.8 removed Apps from iTunes?

12.6.5 was just released on 12 SEP 18 — so it's not old, it's quite possibly the youngest version of iTunes! Plus, there really is no need for a link to download a new version of iTunes, Apple will readily notify all users of that through the various update methods.

When I went to backup my new iPhone w/iOS 12 last night for the first time, iTunes rejected it and required me to install an update. System update said everything was up-to-date, but the iTunes update was hidden. I now have iTunes 12.8.

Server: Mac Mini 3.2GHz-i7, 512Gb - 16Gb macOS 13.x & Audirvana Origin  DAC: Benchmark DAC3B  Linestage: Benchmark LA4  Amp: Benchmark AHB2 x2  Speakers: Revel F328Be

When you're racing... it's Life. Anything that happens before or after, it's just waiting.
- Steve McQueen, Le Mans