IGNORED

Allo not ready for the masses

nc42acc

I have been trying to setup my Allo USB Bridge for a week with no success. I have read every forum post on the ALSA mixer mute issue and have tried the many options and no luck. Messaged the boards supposed Allo expert and get diverted to another persons email that is non existent as far as I can tell. I think this is a great device and a great option to the microRendu but it is not ready for the masses. I do have basic command line experience and have used Putty to gain access but still no sound from the Allo. I can access via the web interface on my ipad and Roon sees it and appears to be working fine. Still no sound from the USB port? Before I box this up and send back to Allo would anyone like to help a DietPi dummy try to get this to play music? Much appreciated. Marty

21 hours ago, nc42acc said:

I have been trying to setup my Allo USB Bridge for a week with no success. I have read every forum post on the ALSA mixer mute issue and have tried the many options and no luck. Messaged the boards supposed Allo expert and get diverted to another persons email that is non existent as far as I can tell. I think this is a great device and a great option to the microRendu but it is not ready for the masses. I do have basic command line experience and have used Putty to gain access but still no sound from the Allo. I can access via the web interface on my ipad and Roon sees it and appears to be working fine. Still no sound from the USB port? Before I box this up and send back to Allo would anyone like to help a DietPi dummy try to get this to play music? Much appreciated. Marty

PM to you for getting More info.

Allo.com Tech. Support

22 hours ago, nc42acc said:

Did you try another USB port?  You could have a bad board

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

On ‎9‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 10:23 AM, nc42acc said:

I have not had any issues with USBridge failing to recognize a directly connected USB DAC. There is only 1 USB port on the USBridge board (bottom board) and that's where the USB cable needs to be, not in any of the 4 USB ports above it on the RPI board. If you have the translucent case, the USBridge board has a red LED to the left of DC power connector and it should be lit if your board has power. The Allo image tries to run everything at once but if you connect in via dietpi interface, for Roon you really only need verify Alsa and Roon are running with USBDAC selected for sound card.

Can you advise what device are you connecting to the USBridge USB port? Do you have a reclocker between the USBRidge and DAC, if so have you removed it and tried direct DAC connection? I have had issues with ISO Regen where I have had to power reset, usually when I'm playing around with cabling or software.

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

The dac usually do have some signs of being locked. ( connected to usbridge) 

In case of Iffi solid purple or yellow light. Mojo solid light. 

Some dac are not detected like korg. Audio aero

personally took couple a weeks of fiddling. The way roon and dietpi recognise ethernet network can be finicky and require some settings.  Need to look at dietpi and roon support there. Dietpi config launcher software command. It's ethernet port picky as well best to plug in main router first to get the network setting right. 

I got it to work just using usbridge sparky as a standalone player first then slowly progress. Best to do that and isolate one problem at a time. Also have problem with setting up roon at first 

The most stable and reliable steaming for me is upnp or dlna. Audirvana using mac by far have the best multi computer integration, simply install and forget. it could switch on for days without needing reset . 

Also.. Shorter usb cable (don't use diy) as reference

I appreciate its cheap and very good sounding. Didn't mind the extra mile to find a good setting. Good luck 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...