IGNORED

Cow Music

traditionally, cattle are rather uneasy about the topic of branding... mention REbranding and start a stampede. Let's just all keep away from hot irons.

logo.thumb.png.f3dbf2993e648dfc894530355e1c9e52.png

a bit tame.

171627828_download(2).jpg.ea01ee42b51d630c963834631744c5f2.jpg

boring.

1620b2c21227c76e227094a6b412ca1f.thumb.jpg.d73ff8228b00dcb000b5022a22db1659.jpg

lacks gravitas.

35948789_187869385229963_128767264177520640_n.thumb.jpg.e1fa97a0cb0b3c7cb582dd4cee3aaa91.jpg

that's more like it.

2016-12-21-12-50-28.thumb.jpg.c9899061847a06258c9fade6cbc5b634.jpg

moloch style?

a1256673930_10.thumb.jpg.b05ee0c83956d1603afb18324b4a0cc6.jpg

tempting.

a0838408858_10.thumb.jpg.c0909b8eecf0b838c1f981bef1ddb5c5.jpg

this!

now will the same old cow music do it?

nope.

meh

hmmm...the new guard? 

epiphany!

18 hours ago, Hugo9000 said:

Never thought I'd need this here

1827130672_EyeBleach.thumb.png.88628ba57ffd8ea96e2510faa4bc834a.png

And then I saw that Humanure picture.

Thanks for that, @christopher3393

😱

You're not alone. A number of retail outlets banned the album due to the cover illustration. The audio contents are challenging to most tastes as well. I won't bother you with the cover of To Serve Man ,  title borrowed from a cult classic Twilight Zone episode.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cattle_Decapitation  Vegan grindcore death metal. Yes, I just typed that. I think of it as an aspect of Bovine Vendetta. 🐮  Mu.

19 hours ago, Superdad said:

Dear Christopher:

I think it may be time for you to seek professional mental healthcare!  :P

Regards,

--A friend.

Thanks for your kind solicitude. Actually, I find this therapeutic in a cathartic sort of way.  

Meme time!

main-qimg-5bfd0a92acbe9f70fc8a5dbc6a75aae7-c.thumb.jpg.be537468fb819679ff15073f51aa777e.jpg

For example, the Humanure illustration reminded me of an old term for thoughtful reflection. Medieval monks wrote about sacred reading (lectio divina) as a process of slowly chewing on the words, like cud. And so every now and then, when reading a post or thread in, say, the general area of the forum, I struggle not to react too quickly, to chew on what is there to really digest it but find that for me much is either indigestible or simply passes right through me with, alas, little nutritional value. YMMV, of course. 👁️

6 hours ago, sphinxsix said:

Just used the 'disagree' button for the first time. Superdad, you're becoming my personal enemy ;) That's it from me. This time. Is this Grotowski story true? :)

I know you are just kidding, but you lost me there. Grotowski? Who?

I torture our kids with bad cow puns when we drive past the big pastures, but otherwise I’m pretty kind to bovines—at least when they are alive. :D

15 hours ago, sphinxsix said:

Just used the 'disagree' button for the first time. Superdad, you're becoming my personal enemy ;) That's it from me. This time. Is this Grotowski story true? :)

Don't know but here is the account:

"Subsequently, one day the Nazis stormed into their village and shot and killed everyone in every other house. They slaughtered the families to their left and right and drove off. Jerzy asked his mother why they had been spared and "she said, I will never forget the way she said it...she said, 'Is not our time.' " His best friend next door had been shot in the stomach. "It took him two days to die." Fearing more of the same, Jerzy's mother moved him with his brother, Kazimierz (who later became a professor of nuclear physics) to their aunt's farm in the country. There, surrounded by nature, steeped in Polish Catholicism, (his uncle was Bishop of Krakow), Jerzy began to have religious epiphanies. He had "a personal relationship with Jesus" and "I cannot remember how, but I talked, really talked with the animals." He used to sleep out in the barn, by choice, under the feet of a cow with whom he talked a great deal."

https://owendaly.com/jeff/grotows6.htm

mu. 🐮

3 hours ago, christopher3393 said:

Don't know but here is the account:

"Subsequently, one day the Nazis stormed into their village and shot and killed everyone in every other house. They slaughtered the families to their left and right and drove off. Jerzy asked his mother why they had been spared and "she said, I will never forget the way she said it...she said, 'Is not our time.' " His best friend next door had been shot in the stomach. "It took him two days to die." Fearing more of the same, Jerzy's mother moved him with his brother, Kazimierz (who later became a professor of nuclear physics) to their aunt's farm in the country. There, surrounded by nature, steeped in Polish Catholicism, (his uncle was Bishop of Krakow), Jerzy began to have religious epiphanies. He had "a personal relationship with Jesus" and "I cannot remember how, but I talked, really talked with the animals." He used to sleep out in the barn, by choice, under the feet of a cow with whom he talked a great deal."

https://owendaly.com/jeff/grotows6.htm

mu. 🐮

I can believe that. I thought the story was about late Grotowski.

• 2 weeks later...

Cattle Call!

and here's a tolerable version:

(Emmylou Harris tells that the first song she remembers hearing on the radio was Cattle Call by Eddie Arnold when she was four years old. She made a live version in 1992.)

wiki: "The Cattle Call" is a song written and recorded in 1934 by American songwriter and musician Tex Owens [an actual cowboy].] It became a signature song for Eddy Arnold. Members of the Western Writers of America chose it as one of the Top 100 Western songs of all time.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Halter

Developer of a herd management software created to optimize and modernize dairy farming. The company’s herd management machine learning platform offers a proprietary Cowgorithm in a waterproof and shockproof collar which is used to avoid physically herding cows. It is a GPS enabled, solar powered collar, which utilizes various stimuli to move and contain dairy cows, enabling farmers to use software to remotely set geographic boundaries, virtual fences, for cattle and improve their well-being.

"ummm... no thanks."

cow.png.177f51d982fc01b8842787b1a0d4eb56.png

https://www.engineeringnz.org/news-insights/how-now-brown-cow/

https://thespinoff.co.nz/business/28-06-2018/pavlovs-cows-is-this-remote-control-cow-system-creepy-or-the-future-of-farming/

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...