Cow Music

44 minutes ago, old_bassist said:

Best thread ever.

Isn't it.

45 minutes ago, old_bassist said:

My contribution is 

The original song:

36 minutes ago, Sal1950 said:

Written by a couple DJ's  to commemorate the true story of a man caught sexually molesting a cow at the Lincoln Park Zoo in Chicago after closing.   ?

Holy cow! It's a proof that keeping cows in a zoo is a bad idea.

He'd try to do it with a lioness..

13 hours ago, Superdad said:

That's disgusting Sal.

I thrilled to hear you enjoyed it.  ?

"The gullibility of audiophiles is what astonishes me the most, even after all these years. How is it possible, how did it ever happen, that they trust fairy-tale purveyors and mystic gurus more than reliable sources of scientific information?"

Peter Aczel - The Audio Critic

nomqa.webp.aa713f2bb9e304522011cdb2d2ca907d.webp  R.I.P. MQA 2014-2023: Hyped product thanks to uneducated, uncritical advocates & captured press.

On 11/17/2018 at 2:30 AM, christopher3393 said:

So digital cows have NO rights!

They have the right to either remain silent or to moo depending on their own (or director's) choice!

58 minutes ago, christopher3393 said:

Think it's high time for 'Poo Music' thread..

1 hour ago, sphinxsix said:

Think it's high time for 'Poo Music' thread..

I will only deign to show interest if it's offered as a full article review of Chris's tertiary listening room system.  We've seen his main system and his desktop setup.  High time we explore his inbuilt facilities' acoustic performance as experienced from the throne.  It is only through discovering the naturalness of sounds that we can draw analogies to reproduction across multiple systems.  ? x-D

P.S.  Please don't actually start a thread on scatology in music.  

"Vegetarian"

An ole Indian word meaning "Poor Hunter".  ?

"The gullibility of audiophiles is what astonishes me the most, even after all these years. How is it possible, how did it ever happen, that they trust fairy-tale purveyors and mystic gurus more than reliable sources of scientific information?"

Peter Aczel - The Audio Critic

nomqa.webp.aa713f2bb9e304522011cdb2d2ca907d.webp  R.I.P. MQA 2014-2023: Hyped product thanks to uneducated, uncritical advocates & captured press.

2 hours ago, christopher3393 said:

Time for the Psychedelic Cow

Okay, that was seriously creepy.  And you are obsessed!  Might you need to see someone about your condition? :ox-D

2 hours ago, christopher3393 said:

The magic mushroom: cow pattie variety (do not rely on this source: he's a student!)  http://bioweb.uwlax.edu/bio203/s2008/anderson_andr/Index.htm

Actually I was in Jamaica with my older brother a couple of decades ago and we did pick and taste the cow pattie variety.  At the lodging place he had by a river there were several different types of fireflies that would come out at night. And one mushroomy evening they put on a full symphony for us... :P

3 minutes ago, sphinxsix said:

Not many metal bands are inspired by cows..

image.png.c75d5a338b8a0f4bb00d39dcb10672e9.png

Anthrax, kind of ?

Computer setup - Roon/Qobuz - PS Audio P5 Regenerator - HIFI Rose 250A Streamer - Emotiva XPA-2 Harbeth P3ESR XD - Rel  R-528 Sub

Comfy Chair - Schitt Jotunheim - Meze Audio Empyrean w/Mitch Barnett's Accurate Sound FilterSet

Has Rage Against the Machine’s,  Bulls on Parade, been mentioned. If not, another metal contribution.

Edit- oh yeah, I did on the first page.  It’s been awhile. 

Computer setup - Roon/Qobuz - PS Audio P5 Regenerator - HIFI Rose 250A Streamer - Emotiva XPA-2 Harbeth P3ESR XD - Rel  R-528 Sub

Comfy Chair - Schitt Jotunheim - Meze Audio Empyrean w/Mitch Barnett's Accurate Sound FilterSet

31 minutes ago, ShawnC said:

Has Rage Against the Machine’s,  Bulls on Parade, been mentioned. If not, another metal contribution.

Edit- oh yeah, I did on the first page.  It’s been awhile. 

I think it's called insomnia or something.. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/1/2018 at 9:50 PM, christopher3393 said:

Time for the Psychedelic Cow

psychotropic-comparative-anatomy_by-kris-kuksi.thumb.jpg.13457c7e5312d7320358e816affd7d22.jpg

The magic mushroom: cow pattie variety (do not rely on this source: he's a student!)  http://bioweb.uwlax.edu/bio203/s2008/anderson_andr/Index.htm

567f345e9675a0e5fcffd8f3271d3fa0.thumb.jpg.b4fc50ef8fd22182fa1cf633d0b12f13.jpg

From the album:

1275709685_51T12BMeKQL._SS500(1).thumb.jpg.ecd18071e8be3c996d30ec870e33757d.jpg

psychedelic-cow-toby-horton.thumb.jpg.91cae7d266626e7f33791fcf1f7357b3.jpg

As for cows, surreal-psychodelia and voodoo-psychobilly..

• 2 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, sphinxsix said:

The most essential cow noise-rock band (from Minneapolis).

I completely forgot about that band.  I saw them a few times at First Avenue in the late 80s early 90s, my memory is vague.