IGNORED

Cow Music

2040756188_o_brother_g_06(1).thumb.jpg.9e0eea4d19debbf204426fa9ffda0da0.jpg

Why does this scene remind me of C.A.?

Blind Seer: " You seek a great fortune, you three who are now in chains. You will find a fortune, though it will not be the one you seek. But first... first you must travel a long and difficult road, a road fraught with peril. Mm-hmm. You shall see thangs, wonderful to tell. You shall see a... a cow... on the roof of a cotton house, ha. And, oh, so many startlements. I cannot tell you how long this road shall be, but fear not the obstacles in your path, for fate has vouchsafed your reward. Though the road may wind, yea, your hearts grow weary, still shall ye follow them, even unto your salvation."

2 hours ago, rando said:

This is fast becoming a metaphor for life, your campaigning for the lowly cow.  

That would be nice:

Billy Bragg - "Milkman of Human Kindness":

But careful!  "Attempts at sustained profundity in internet forums rarely succeed.  At some point, they reliably disintegrate into unintelligible pontification."...which is roughly the verbal equivalent of:

giphy.gif

On 9/14/2018 at 9:48 AM, christopher3393 said:

Milk Cow Blues: a classic!

A little background: "Milk Cow Blues" is a blues song written and originally recorded by Kokomo Arnold in September 1934. In 1935 and 1936, he recorded four sequels designated "Milk Cow Blues No. 2" through No. 5. The song made Arnold a star, and was widely adapted by artists in the blues, Western swing and rock idioms. ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milk_Cow_Blues)

The version Willie covers begins at 3:15:

When Bob Wills and the Texas Playboys cover it in 1946, it's gone through a musical makeover:

Elvis covered it as "Milkcow Blues Boogie" in '55. It is full tilt rockabilly.

On 9/14/2018 at 9:59 AM, christopher3393 said:

Now to thicken the plot, there were other versions of Milkcow blues floating around in the 20s and 30s. Chief among them is Sleepy John Estes 1930 song:

...which is covered by Robert Johnson in '36 as "Milkcow's Calf Blues":

...which is covered on Eric Clapton's tribute to Robert Johnson album.

On 11/7/2018 at 4:12 PM, AudioDoctor said:

um... mu. Thanks, Doc, for voting!  ?

Best thread ever. When I was a kid growing up on a farm in southern Ontario, Canada, we had a herd of Holstein dairy cattle.

My contribution is 

Toshiba Satellite P300 laptop--Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit--M2TECH hiFace USB-S/PDIF interface-->coaxial output cable-->

MacBook Pro--Sierra--optical output cable-->

Raspberry Pi 2--Pixel--USB output cable-->

Simaudio MOON 100D DAC (USB, coaxial and optical connections in use)--Yamaha RX-V640 receiver

--Grant Fidelity Tube DAC-09 (with NOS Raytheon 5670)--used as bypassable vacuum tube preamp stage--Topping TP60 stereo power amplifier--one pi bass reflex speakers--homebuilt--plans from Wayne at pispeakers.com

--QSC model 5.1 stereo power amplifier--ACI Rage 12" subwoofer in homebuilt sealed 2 ft^3 enclosure

--Denon AH-A100 headphones

Written by a couple DJ's  to commemorate the true story of a man caught sexually molesting a cow at the Lincoln Park Zoo in Chicago after closing.   ?

"The gullibility of audiophiles is what astonishes me the most, even after all these years. How is it possible, how did it ever happen, that they trust fairy-tale purveyors and mystic gurus more than reliable sources of scientific information?"

Peter Aczel - The Audio Critic

nomqa.webp.aa713f2bb9e304522011cdb2d2ca907d.webp  R.I.P. MQA 2014-2023: Hyped product thanks to uneducated, uncritical advocates & captured press.