IGNORED

Grant Fidelity DAC-09

I don't know if it's been discussed yet, but I have the Xiang Sheng DAC-01 which is the original Chinese DAC that the Grant Fidelity rebadges.

I've had it for a couple of years and think it's great. I replaced the original tube with a JAN Raytheon but other than that I haven't done anything to it.

It's in my digital server chain taking a TOS-Link cable from my MacBook Pro. With USB I think it is limited to 44.1/16 but with TOS-Link it will go to at least 96/24.

There isn't much difference between the tube output and the SS output but I like the sound of the tube buffer anyway. It can be setup as a pre-amp/headphone amp or straight DAC. The headphone output is SS only.

I hate to say it but I paid about $100 less getting the Xaing Sheng version over the Grant Fidelity but I would pay the extra if I had too. It's a good unit.

Chad

Fantom G-Force 2TB 7200RPM[br]USB->[br]Late 2010 Mac Mini 2.4 GHz, OCZ 120 GB Vertex 3 SATA III, 8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 SDRAM ->[br]iTunes/Audirvana->[br]TosLink->[br]Xaing Sheng DAC-01A [br]Denon DVD2900[br]Thorens TD145/Audio Technica AT440MLa[br]->[br]McIntosh MX110Z ->[br]Two (2) McIntosh MC-30 ->[br]White Lightning Moonshine speaker wires->[br]Klipsch La Scala[br]