IGNORED

Connecting CA-3602 subwoofer to RCA subwoofer port

(new to the forums)

So I'm setting up a new sound system in my new apartment. It's a really old "Emerson HT-210 Amplifier" with 5 speakers, but no subwoofer. The closest we had to a sound system was a CA-3602 system that we just plugged into our phones through the control pod. However, the subwoofer seems to be pretty nice. Only problem is, the port on it is the strangest thing I've ever seen (see pictures below, let me know if more are required). The red connector goes to the "control pod" which has volume & bass controls, and a wire with male 3.5mm coming out. The small speakers that come with the system are plugged into the subwoofer, not the control pod. I've tried connecting the aux in of the amplifier to the "to speaker" port but it really lowers the quality and cuts out literally all the bass (I'd also like to be able to use the sub when audio is coming from the TV if possible, so this is less than ideal anyway).

Anyways, is it possible to rip apart the CA-3602 sub and get it to connect to the RCA subwoofer output of the amplifier? Thanks for the help!

20180908_195513.jpg