IGNORED

Resolution Audio Cantata 3.0

22 minutes ago, saturdayboy said:

i remember reading that as well, i think he might have been referring to the 2.0. 

At least it was in a thread where the OP asked for comparisons to the 3.0.

Matt

"I want to know why the musicians are on stage, not where". (John Farlowe)

8 hours ago, matthias said:

A guy on Audiogon Forum whose verdict I trust directly compared the Cantata to the Sparkler Audio S503 CD player and prefered the Sparkler because of its real organic natural truth to the music.The Cantata was good HiFi where the Sparkler had great realism in sound quality.

Matt

I am happy for the guy, if you are after NOS sound then no Wadia or Cantata will be good enough. 

On 8/9/2019 at 10:42 PM, matthias said:

A guy on Audiogon Forum whose verdict I trust directly compared the Cantata to the Sparkler Audio S503 CD player and prefered the Sparkler because of its real organic natural truth to the music.The Cantata was good HiFi where the Sparkler had great realism in sound quality.

A brand new review:

https://parttimeaudiophile.com/2019/08/11/sparkler-audio-spiral-ether-review/

Maybe worth a try vs Cantata?

Matt

"I want to know why the musicians are on stage, not where". (John Farlowe)

I have been through that many times, I think I have spent something like 50K in the last three years trying "giant killers" like that one. I went through 47 labs, T+A DAC 8 DSD at DSD512, discrete DSD DACs of all kinds, NOS DACs of all kinds and I am tired of that "what if". 

It looks like the CD player is using the same Sanyo transport that was the Magic trick in the shigaraki transport, I had 4 of those and I don't want to go back there. 

NOS DACs come with their own strengths and problems, we don't need that debate again. If you can afford the Cantata then you can buy one and compare it to the CD, let us know what you find if you do. But to sit there and rely on a single post on a forum is a waste of time, just like reading mine. If you have 3-4 people who have changed the Cantata to a Sparkler-nice, buy one, might be indeed good. I sold the DAVE and I am happy with the 3.0.