IGNORED

Article: Dutch & Dutch 8c Loudspeaker Review

2 hours ago, mitchco said:

Emlin, I did try the web app volume control and worked fine - no audible issues that I was able to discern. However, I am using JRiver's internal 64bit digital volume control as I spend most of my time in JRiver selecting tunes I want to listen too. Mostly listen at reference level or background music level... so don't spend much time adjusting the volume. My wife liked the Kii Controller, but I found I never used it. Old habits die hard...

Thanks for getting back to me, but I was not so much concerned about the quality of the web app volume control, but more its usability. As the 8Cs don't have a USB input to connect a PC running JRiver (or whatever), it looks like another (expensive) box with remote control would be necessary for my needs if the app isn't up to it (as I've heard elsewhere). As good as these things seem to be, the lack of a decent interface in a domestic environment could be their Achilles heel, it seems. What are your thoughts on that? Thanks.

• 1 month later...
On 9/5/2018 at 8:26 AM, mitchco said:

@Emlin Ah, I see what you are saying and understood. I am hoping that Martijn @mensink can drop by and comment on the roadmap for the user interface. I know he was on his way to Beijing, so maybe a bit before he can comment...

@Em2016  Thanks! Good question. Yes, I understand Roon integration is being developed, but I am hoping like above, Martijn can join the conversation and comment on the streaming roadmap...

Hi Mitch, do you know if Martijn @mensink is going to get back to us or not?

• 1 month later...
On 11/13/2018 at 4:11 PM, mensink said:

Hi everybody, 

I've been meaning to properly reply to the many remarks and questions, but I've had the flu and I've been buried in work lately. But it's taken too long now. I'll try to reply to one post at a time!

Mitch, I've already thanked you for your wonderful review of the 8c's in private, but here too I'd like to express my gratitude for such an incredibly in-depth expert review! Still reading up on all the references :).

I'll be back!

Cheers, Martijn

Where are you Martijn, he who is so concerned about our simple questions? You have time over on Gearslutz to diss the Kiis (ineffectually), but none to reply here!