IGNORED

Article: Dutch & Dutch 8c Loudspeaker Review

Was there any reason Kii Threes were used as a main comparison, and not the Devialet Phantom Golds which I read your review of? I’m just curious since no one seems to compare the 8c to the Phantoms, yet your Phantom review was favourable and they’re quite a bit cheaper.  The Phantoms aren’t for me but just curious as there’s not much ‘pro’ feedback. 

Does anyone have more info on D&D plans to make a proper physical volume control? I’ve heard rumours but nothing solid. On paper these speakers are perfect for me and I’d love to demo a pair, but that would be a deal breaker for me in a home environment where there’s no mixing desk! Using an outboard DAC or digital volume control seems counter intuitive since the speaker has everything built in already. 

As a general question, are there custom stands and can they be fixed to the stands? I have a young child and would be worried about them getting knocked over and hurting someone or worse (or no doubt damaging the speaker)

Roon lifetime > Mac Mini > ethernet > microRendu (RAAT) w/ Paul Hynes SR3 > Intona > Curious USB link > Devialet 250 Pro > PMC fact 8.

Mitch seemed impressed with Phantoms and their measurements?

Yes I think had the Kii Control been wireless, and the inputs on a hidden wired box somewhere else  (a far more elegant and domestically friendly solution IMO) I’d probably have bought kii’s earlier in the year! 

In a way glad I didn’t as there’s at least one other option now. 

Would really just love a beautiful remote and input selector on something like an 8c. Am spolit with my Devialet Expert remote which is beautiful and perfect and frankly one of the best things about the hardware. Hard to go back to something ‘worse’.....

Roon lifetime > Mac Mini > ethernet > microRendu (RAAT) w/ Paul Hynes SR3 > Intona > Curious USB link > Devialet 250 Pro > PMC fact 8.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, mensink said:

We feel the frequency at which the DSP runs is irrelevant engineering information. I'm reluctant to the share that information, because it is often misinterpreted. Some people believe a high DSP frequency to reflect higher sound quality, which is not true. 

Yes I agree in general, I was more curious in the technical workings and also at what  sample rate the internal mechanism runs to understand the ‘best’ or native rate to send them. 

I have a Devialet so am limited to its internal sampling rates but personally I play most music at 44.1 because that’s most of my collection. I experimented with upsampling and couldn’t tell it apart blind so abandoned it with my setup. But still I like to know how things work and it’s a pretty well published spec for any DAC/active setup these days. But I appreciate your reasoning especially in the audiophile world. 

Great news on the App, the stands (and bolting ability) and physical controls. May they all be beautiful. :)