45 minutes ago, semente said:

Are you familiar with Geddes' work?

You could have a go at the first "paper" called Directivity in Loudspeaker Systems

http://www.gedlee.com/Papers/papers.aspx

This paper is brilliant, he is a great engineer.  HIs limiting dispersion in small rooms does work if this narrow dispersion is extremely uniform in spectral info.  (There are very few devices that can do that)  The paper contains information complex enough to be misunderstood if you don't have a good engineering understanding of the principles he's discussing.  For example, Constant Directivity applies mostly to horns and wave guides.  Constant Directivity does NOT mean uniform response with angle.  But he is super gifted guy- and way more educated in loudspeaker engineering than I-so worth reading over and over!.  He's also a big proponent of multiple subs, something I believe in and have been pursuing in the pro side.  

Here's another paper worth reading:    

ATCWhitepaper.pdf

Brad Lunde

www.LoneMountainAudio.com (High End Consumer Importer to the Trade) and www.TransAudioGroup.com (High End Pro Audio Importer to the Trade)

Brands we import to the US are ATC, Tube Tech, Drawmer, MUTEC, Bettermaker 

Brands from the US we distribute are A Designs, Auratone, Daking, LatchLake and Mojave   

3 hours ago, semente said:

Are you familiar with Geddes' work?

You could have a go at the first "paper" called Directivity in Loudspeaker Systems

http://www.gedlee.com/Papers/papers.aspx

Enjoyed much of it.  Thanks.

I must say some of the long haired math hurts my brain. 

I did find the Constant Directivity loudspeakers technology a good read.  Page 9 of that PowerPoint shows how Gedde enlarges the lateral listening positions using off axis power output and direct power output of CD loudspeakers in favor.  On paper it looks interesting.  Still thinking the new timing issues once off center are going to compromise detail. Regardless I enjoy the read.  

Thanks again 

My System TWO SPEAKERS AND A CHAIR

10 hours ago, Lone Mountain Audio said:

This paper is brilliant, he is a great engineer.  HIs limiting dispersion in small rooms does work if this narrow dispersion is extremely uniform in spectral info.  (There are very few devices that can do that)  The paper contains information complex enough to be misunderstood if you don't have a good engineering understanding of the principles he's discussing.  For example, Constant Directivity applies mostly to horns and wave guides.  Constant Directivity does NOT mean uniform response with angle.  But he is super gifted guy- and way more educated in loudspeaker engineering than I-so worth reading over and over!.  He's also a big proponent of multiple subs, something I believe in and have been pursuing in the pro side.  

Here's another paper worth reading:    

ATCWhitepaper.pdf 1.48 MB · 3 downloads

Thanks. Useful information in there.

Here's another very pregnant White Paper on speakers that I wholly recommend:

http://www.kef.com/uploads/files/THE_REFERENCE/REF_White_Paper_preview_path_200514.pdf

"Science draws the wave, poetry fills it with water" Teixeira de Pascoaes

HQPlayer Desktop / Mac mini → Intona 7054 → RME ADI-2 DAC FS (DSD256)

KEF, another great company.  So much technology.  The owner of KEF and ATC were good long term friends.  

I remember the first time I heard 104s- (1970s?) Amazing!  Too bad the company was sold.

Brad

Brad Lunde

www.LoneMountainAudio.com (High End Consumer Importer to the Trade) and www.TransAudioGroup.com (High End Pro Audio Importer to the Trade)

Brands we import to the US are ATC, Tube Tech, Drawmer, MUTEC, Bettermaker 

Brands from the US we distribute are A Designs, Auratone, Daking, LatchLake and Mojave