IGNORED

Got camera? A first-timer's trip to RMAF

I think I just found a rather good reason to go visit my friends in Boulder next year. Not seen them since '82, so it's about time I caught up.

Why oh why cant we do a show as good as that in the UK?

Last time I saw that much stuff on show was - err, oh yes, CES, and my guess is that this show rather out does that one.

Brilliant review - thanks for that.

looking at those pictures reminds me of a thought I put together at the end of our last show in Manchester UK (well at least it was called a hifi show) - and the national show earlier this year.

HiFi seems to be going through a real 'looking for the next one' at present. Cd is most deffinitely dieing, very quickly. Yet digital / computer audio is almost apparently still just going from junior to secondary school, so what is happening - a huge resurgence in what I term 'legacy' hifi, ie turntables and vinyl.

I get the whole 'vinyl' and valves thing, especially when it's done right, but is it so difficut to put together a digital front end that totally out does it? Surly not - but looking at those pics, unless vinyl spinners are more photogenic, vinyl wins out big style.

I just find it weird at this moment in time.