IGNORED

ripping from external drive - how important are cables at this stage?

mike11

hi, if ripping from an external dvd drive using dbpoweramp to aiff and storing the ripped cds in an external hard drive, how important are cables from the drive to the pc and pc to the hard drive.I see a fair bit of discussion on the use of somewhat expensive cables in playback and I wouldnt be opposed to trying something a bit down to earth like the kimber usb or wireworld starlight but would these help at the ripping stage? any thoughts on this would be appreciated. thanks!

Maxtor 1tb > Vista PC > Trends UD10.1 > Monica2 DAC > Cavalli Jones DIY Tube Headphone Amp > Sennheiser HD 600/AKG 271/Denon 2000/Allesandro MS1/Grado SR80[br]Seagate 2tb > Mac Mini > HagUSB > Monica 3 DAC > DIY EL 34 push pull amp > Spendor S3/5 speakers[br]All cables [powercords/interconnects/speaker cables] - diy\'d using Jon Risch recipes or twisted upocc solid core wire.

(IMO)

So long as the cables are to spec they'll be no difference.

Eloise

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

thank you Eloise for your view - I am using the stock cables that came with the burner and hard disk - safe to say that these would be up to spec I suppose?

Maxtor 1tb > Vista PC > Trends UD10.1 > Monica2 DAC > Cavalli Jones DIY Tube Headphone Amp > Sennheiser HD 600/AKG 271/Denon 2000/Allesandro MS1/Grado SR80[br]Seagate 2tb > Mac Mini > HagUSB > Monica 3 DAC > DIY EL 34 push pull amp > Spendor S3/5 speakers[br]All cables [powercords/interconnects/speaker cables] - diy\'d using Jon Risch recipes or twisted upocc solid core wire.

Thank you Chris. Appreciate the replies.