IGNORED

New Power Cable for Mac Mini

Pi Audio Group, the maker of the highly-regarded Über BUSS power conditioner (review here: http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue47/uber_buss.htm), has just released a power cord designed for the Mac Mini... thought it would be of interest. Here is the link:

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=86123.0

www.vincentborrelli.com[br]Mac/Lynx AES16e, NAS, Pure Music, BADA, Pass amps, Genesis speakers, StarSound Sistrums, Synergistic PCs & I/Cs.

There are numerous high quality third party cables with C7 connector available for use with the Mac Mini or any other device that accepts C7 connections. There are also adapters that allow use of a C7 connection with an IEC 15 connector so if you have a spare high grade cable configured in that manner you could also use it with your Mac Mini, Apple TV, some CD and DVD players and other devices.

"A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open."
Frank Zappa

I know there are a number of excellent C7 connectors on the market (Oyaide, Furutech, etc.), but I have not seen a high-end power cable with a C7 end (to avoid using a connector). Can you mention some companies that make such a cable (I'm thinking at the level of say Synergistic Research, MIT, etc.)? A quick search at the Cable Company only resulted in some connectors and a few lower-end cables (which is why I thought this worth a mention).

www.vincentborrelli.com[br]Mac/Lynx AES16e, NAS, Pure Music, BADA, Pass amps, Genesis speakers, StarSound Sistrums, Synergistic PCs & I/Cs.

You are going to have to give me a moment to answer you. It will take a bit for me to get my foot out of my mouth. I thought certain that there were both Kimber and Cardas available with the C7 connection but I cannot find them nor any others as you point out.

The only one that I have owned and that is still available is the relatively inexpensive Audioquest NRG 1.5.

Sorry

"A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open."
Frank Zappa

Certainly in the UK, Russ Andrews sell a cable with C7 connector which I think is a Kimber - not sure if they custom make it though.

Eloise

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

• 4 months later...