IGNORED

So Much Music - So Little Time

One thing I like about sites like Linn, Reference Recording or 2L is the flexible formats they offer. It’s been a long time I have been so energized over music. Just image Studio Master FLAC files, SACD or vinyl from Linn and HDCD, SACD, HRx or so to be released vinyl from Reference Recordings. And from 2L we have SACD, BluRay, 24bit/352.8kHz DXD, 2.8224Mbit/s DSD 64, 24bit/192kHz FLAC, 24bit/96kHz WAV, Stereo, and Surround 5.1 just boggles my mind. Even with vinyl I often have choices in record weight and speed. And buying music on the internet – new, used, hard to find, downloads, etc., I feel like a little kid in a candy store. As I write this I am listening to Brahms Piano Concerto #1 on Classical WETA 90.9 FM. When I get in my car this evening I will be listening to XM or Sirius commercial free satellite radio. We also have internet radio and stupid phones that play music. Home theater to play music and a reference audiophile system that now includes computer audio. Never has so much music been offered to so many. And best of all I get to choose, I have ice in my glass.