IGNORED

Sample Rate Converter Software

merlot

I am looking for software recommendations to convert some 192k 24 bit audio files to 96k 24 bit. I am using Acoustica 4 right now but there is a noticeable quality difference between a file recorded at 96k 24 bit and one converted from 192k 24 bit to 96k 24 bit.

I would appreciate software recommendations, either standalone or plug-in.

Thanks....

Audiofile Engineering Wave Editor incorporates licensed SRC from iZotrope, and is just $79. Probably the best bang for the buck, if you're looking for quality. Incorporates MBET dither, too, if you want to do bit depth down conversions with high quality for CD- that's how I make my iPod AIFF versions.

I've found the conversion is limited to .wav though. It seems to be the only output format in dbPoweramp that comes up with the choice of the sample rate and bit depth.

Aside from that I've been able to use the Izotope converter in Amarra Mini to convert both .wav and .aiff from 24/192 to 24/96 and from 24/176 to 24/88. I ran into some issues getting this to work, but did end up with good results.

Anyone compare iZotope to Adobe's Soundbooth?

Would be upsampling 16/44 to 24/88 or 96

Thanks.

Roon + HQ Player; Trinnov Altitude32; Bricasti M3 with Ethernet and headphone amp; Pro Audio Technology 28212ai active speakers and amps plus four 15" subs; MSB Reference DAC wi/ Digital Director; Antipodes K50 server; MadVR video processing with JVC NZ9 projector; Kii3 + Control in another room; Accourate, Trinnov, and Dirac bass management and room correction; extensive RPG room treatment; HifiMan and Focal cans; Decware Taboo Mk3; 20 amp hospital grade UPS; EtherRegen, Sonore Empirical Audio and SOTM, all on LPS, feeding DACs

I've heard of people getting good results with the

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

This site http://src.infinitewave.ca/ provides measures and comparisons of the most common SRCs.

You may find it useful to get a first idea.

In opensource world, libsamplerate (Secret Rabbit Code) and SOX are working fine, although iZotope 64bit is quite a benchmark.

Damien

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

>"I've found the conversion is limited to .wav though. It seems to be

>the only output format in dbPoweramp that comes up with the choice of >the sample rate and bit depth."

You would insert the DSP effects resample and bit depth to alter these when say converting say FLAC >> FLAC. dBpoweramp uses the respected SSRC sample rate converter.

Spoon- dBpoweramp & AccurateRip