IGNORED

Article: Definitive Guide: How To Copy Favorites and Playlists from Tidal to Qobuz

Just now, The Computer Audiophile said:

No need for anything on your computer. Logging in to the services through Soundiiz is all you have to do. The Soundiiz API communicates to both services.

Good to know, thanks Chris.  I will probably get to it this weekend and see if I have any questions then.

No electron left behind.

Ah yes...but no Roon integration...:(  If only there was a Qobuz/HQPlayer/Roon solution...

Synology NAS>i7-6700/32GB/NVIDIA QUADRO P4000 Win10>Qobuz+Tidal>Roon>HQPlayer>DSD512> Fiber Switch>Ultrarendu (NAA)>Holo Audio May KTE DAC> Bryston SP3 pre>Levinson No. 432 amps>Magnepan (MG20.1x2, CCR and MMC2x6)

1 hour ago, sdolezalek said:

Ah yes...but no Roon integration...:(  If only there was a Qobuz/HQPlayer/Roon solution...

1 hour ago, rickca said:

Well Roon/Qobuz integration is an open secret.  We've already been given the nudge nudge wink wink.  And at least some Roon/HQplayer integration is already there.

I for one won't switch until there's Roon integration. And I'm not as optimistic as ricka, we've actually only been told that they are talking. Hopefully it Will result in an agreement.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

I’ll definitely switch from Tidal to Qobuz when it is integrated into Roon, and Sonos, the 2 systems I won’t do without now. (ManCave for Roon, Sonos for the rest of the house)

[Home Digital] MSB Premier DAC > Modright LS300 > Atma-Sphere "Class D" Monoblocks > Daedalus Audio Muse Studio Speakers

[Home Analog] Technics SL-1200G > Boulder 508 (Benz Glider SL)

[Office] Laptop > Kitsune R2R lvl3 > Violectric V281 > Meze Liric / Meze Elite

[Travel] Laptop/iPad -> Focal Bathys

Soundiiz can also import your pc/device playlists and match them up to the streaming service.

I used this feature when trying out Tidal and Spotify. Exported JRiver playlists to .m3u files and imported these into Soundiiz. Worked great. Got about 90% hits and the exceptions were similar to what you found -- different spellings, extraneous info in album/artist tags, etc. In a few instances, it picked a karaoke or cover version on Spotify. Lol.

But yeah, Soundiiz is a pretty nice app/service.

7 hours ago, rickca said:

Well Roon/Qobuz integration is an open secret.  We've already been given the nudge nudge wink wink.  And at least some Roon/HQplayer integration is already there.

I am loving Qobuz so far, and HQPlayer integration would put it over the top in regards to Tidal IMO. If I may ask, what integration is already there? I don't see anything. Then again, I cannot seem to get the desktop app to work. It loads the GUI on Win10,64, but it just sits there unless I am doing something stupid(likely).

Do you have any links or a simple synopsis?

Forrest:

Win10 i9 9900KS/GTX1060 HQPlayer4>Win10 NAA

DSD>Pavel's DSC2.6>Bent Audio TAP>

Parasound JC1>"Naked" Quad ESL63/Tannoy PS350B subs<100Hz

Does anybody know if there’s any ability to move playlist off of the Aurender software to other software platforms? For example, I would love to transfer some of those playlists from Aurender onto my Roon stuff, or even in Tidal/Qobuz so it could potentially  be used when I’m not at home and streaming to someone else’s device for example or camping and what not.

Aurender N10--> DCS Bartok w Rossini Clock—>Audio Research REF6 Pre --> Vandersteen M5HPA—>Vandersteen Quatro CT Speakers; AMG Giro Turntable w Lyra Delos Cartridge —> Audio Research Ref 3 PhonoPre

8 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

These four plus many more. Once its released in the US I'll publish much more on the differences and why someone would want to switch or stay.

Looking forward to the reviews and it's indeed good news Qobuz is venturing into the US market, the more hires options available the better. I will be watching this space to see how it all unfolds.

I used to have Qobuz (in UK) but was not happy with it as there were lots of problems which I presume they have sorted in order to make such a big step. I switched to Tidal/Roon a few years ago and never looked back.

Topaz 2.5Kva Isolation Transformer > EtherRegen switch powered by Paul Hynes SR4 LPS >MacBook Pro 2013 > EC Designs PowerDac SX > TNT UBYTE-2 Speaker cables > Omega Super Alnico Monitors > 2x Rel T Zero Subwoofers. 

9 minutes ago, 4est said:

If I may ask, what integration is already there?

There is currently some integration between Roon and HQPlayer.  I'm expecting integration between Roon and Qobuz in the RMAF timeframe from the hints dropped by @David.. Qobuz, Hi-Res Music Evangelist.  It's possible I'm reading too much into his comments but I don't think so.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

6 hours ago, firedog said:

I for one won't switch until there's Roon integration. And I'm not as optimistic as ricka, we've actually only been told that they are talking. Hopefully it Will result in an agreement.

Same here. I have this optimistic dream that Quobuz will launch with Roon integration from day 1, and that Roon's nudging and winking is the result of lessons learned from the painful, drawn out series of delays and communication changes that dogged the launch of ROCK.

37 minutes ago, 4est said:

I cannot seem to get the desktop app to work. It loads the GUI on Win10,64, but it just sits there unless I am doing something stupid(likely).

Well, you need a Qobuz account.  Until Qobuz launches in USA, you need to sign up for a trial in a country like France or UK where Qobuz is already available.  Use a VPN and select a server in one such country to create the account.  You won't need the VPN to actually use the service for streaming once your account is created.  Use PayPal, don't try to pay with a US credit card.

I've been a Qobuz subscriber for the past 3 years.  Their desktop app keeps getting better and better and support for DLNA renderers will be very welcome.  Current integration between Qobuz and A+ is excellent, and A+ already provides support for DLNA renderers like the ultraRendu. 

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's