IGNORED

Country & Western

On 11/7/2018 at 1:14 AM, Nikhil said:

t's unfortunate to see the negative connotation that Country seems to evoke. 

Only the arrogant and condescending make negative remarks about what is one of the greatest of the popular music genres.

One of the greatest performers I ever had the privilege of seeing is Merle Haggard. The man could walk on stage surrounded by some of the greatest musicians of their times and make it all seem so easy.

RIP Merle

"The gullibility of audiophiles is what astonishes me the most, even after all these years. How is it possible, how did it ever happen, that they trust fairy-tale purveyors and mystic gurus more than reliable sources of scientific information?"

Peter Aczel - The Audio Critic

nomqa.webp.aa713f2bb9e304522011cdb2d2ca907d.webp  R.I.P. MQA 2014-2023: Hyped product thanks to uneducated, uncritical advocates & captured press.

• 1 year later...

Just grabbed Faith Hill - Cry  in DVD-A  5.1 surround off ebay.

Can't wait to get and play it!!!

spacer.png

"The gullibility of audiophiles is what astonishes me the most, even after all these years. How is it possible, how did it ever happen, that they trust fairy-tale purveyors and mystic gurus more than reliable sources of scientific information?"

nomqa.webp.aa713f2bb9e304522011cdb2d2ca907d.webp  R.I.P. MQA 2014-2023: Hyped product thanks to uneducated, uncritical advocates & captured press.

2 hours ago, bobbmd said:

AND the Bakersfield Sound on all the above good listening except if your CFO is around

He probably listens to Country when no one is around to catch him "slumming".

Country is just not Kool they tell me. BS I say.  ;)

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/26/2019 at 2:20 PM, Sal1950 said:

Just grabbed Faith Hill - Cry  in DVD-A  5.1 surround off ebay.

Can't wait to get and play it!!!

spacer.png

Got this Faith Hill album a week or so back. I've played it a few times now, her singing and the sound on this DVD is beautiful, it will get a lot of plays here..

• 9 months later...

Merle Haggard & Toby Keith   The Fightin Side Of Me

One of my all time favorite Merle songs and one never more appropriate than in todays climate!  👍