IGNORED

Country & Western

2 minutes ago, rando said:

I could swear I remember a music award performance of this song by him with a ghost town/old West backdrop that falls down at the end of the song.  He just stands there on his mark and passes through the window.  It was really a big deal at the time.

Isn't that the video I just posted above? 

Custom Win10 Server | Mutec MC-3+ USB | Lampizator Amber | Job INT | ATC SCM20PSL + JL Audio E-Sub e110

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Jud said:

The movie is tremendous fun as well.

Masterful storytelling with brilliant cinematography ... an absolute gem.

Custom Win10 Server | Mutec MC-3+ USB | Lampizator Amber | Job INT | ATC SCM20PSL + JL Audio E-Sub e110

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
10 hours ago, exdmd said:

If you are in to guitars, Buck Owens and the Bakersfield Sound Vintage Guitar had a great article. Worth a read!

Thanks so much for sharing that article!    So much cool stuff in there.

Buck Owens legacy is something that needs to be appreciated more in American music.

Regards

No haven't read that one!  Thanks for the information ... will look for it.

Absolutely no telling what could have been if Don Rich had not passed away so early.

2 hours ago, christopher3393 said:

Whoa, Nikhil. Hold yer horses, pardner. 😊 No, not serious, and no,not mocking this thread. I thought it was very funny. It is very irreverent, but I don't revere country music. It is not sacred ground for me.Perhaps you also object to my other posts in this thread? And the numerous country music posts I've made elsewhere on the forum?

LOL!  Thanks for clarifying.  I had forgotten about your earlier posts.

We clearly disagree in some respects, but I don't want to argue. I've listened to and like plenty of country music, but quite selectively. I dislike some of it, at times even strongly dislike, and have reasons for that. You have an opinion. I disagree. Hope you can live with that. If not, feel free to ingnore me, to ask the OP or moderator to remove my post, or perhaps even ask the OP to let you take over the thread. You can even PM me if you want to discuss seriously the politics, religious, and aesthetic value of country music and I'd be happy to reply.

Of course!  We're all adults on here.   We don't have to agree on everything.   

But let's keep this thread positive and agree to leave the negative put downs (of the genre) aside.

No need for Ignore lists and post removals.

Regards

Meanwhile:

Wish I could find a Youtube link to Willie performing this solo. This is how I first heard it in a live show years ago, and he really nailed it effortlessly.

Absolutely terrific song!  Thanks for sharing.   

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...