IGNORED

For those concerned about power cables....

Apparently he never watched the movie Stripes, thought NoLa might refer to North Los Angeles, confused about these new things called "electric guitars", "disgusted" by hip hop/rap, and I am also guessing he yells at kids that get near his lawn.  Yes, it all makes sense.  He must throw killer parties.

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

4 hours ago, Blake said:

Apparently he never watched the movie Stripes, thought NoLa might refer to North Los Angeles, confused about these new things called "electric guitars", "disgusted" by hip hop/rap, and I am also guessing he yells at kids that get near his lawn.  Yes, it all makes sense.  He must throw killer parties.

Let's not get too down on George.

He likes Italian cars, and puts the wah-wah pedal to the metal in his Alfa.

11 hours ago, mansr said:

Now he's pretending to have never heard an electric guitar. It's getting rather silly.

Stop putting words in my mouth! Of course I've heard an electric guitar. How would I know that I don't like the sound, otherwise? But I've never heard one make THAT noise before. Like I said, you rockers sure are thin skinned. I wonder why?

George

1 minute ago, gmgraves said:

Sorry, I've never seen the movie Stripes, so the reference meant absolutely nothing to me. 

You should watch it. Bill Murray plays a mean electric guitar in it.  

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

4 hours ago, Blake said:

Do you sleep on silk sheets to avoid abrading your micron-thick skin? Your lack of taste is exceeded only by your inability to accept that not everybody shares your love of the banal. 

George

1 hour ago, Ralf11 said:

Let's not get too down on George.

He likes Italian cars, and puts the wah-wah pedal to the metal in his Alfa.

This last weekend I found a nice paved road out in the Nevada desert that led to a closed mine (looks like it's been closed for many years). The road just stops at the rusty and locked front gate. But that gate is 33 miles from the main highway! I was able to drive at a steady 130 MPH for almost the entire 33 miles with my Toyo R88R tires singing the whole way! It was glorious. Reminded me of my driving the Targa Florio circuit in Sicily, but without the turns! I might do it again, this weekend. I'm still looking for a twisty and little used road in this area, but the only ones I've found are pretty well used! I like this one road that goes to Lake Tahoe from south Reno, but it's fairly well traveled as is the road to Virginia City.  I was really spoiled living in Silicon Valley, CA. a 20 minute drive would get one into the Santa Cruz mountains and some of the best driving roads in the country! Below are two pictures of my Alfa. They're self explanatory. Her name is Sophia, and she's a real lady! Even Ferrari owners nod approvingly at her!

GTV-6 in Pescadero.jpg

My %22office%22.jpg

George

37 minutes ago, kumakuma said:

You should watch it. Bill Murray plays a mean electric guitar in it.  

Sorry Kumakuma, Not my cup of tea. I'm a real fan of Film Noir, and I generally don't watch many movies made after 1970. Again, there are exceptions - mostly for sci-fi flicks especially space operas.

George

16 minutes ago, gmgraves said:

This last weekend I found a nice paved road out in the Nevada desert that led to a closed mine (looks like it's been closed for many years). The road just stops at the rusty and locked front gate. But that gate is 33 miles from the main highway! I was able to drive at a steady 130 MPH for almost the entire 33 miles with my Toyo R88R tires singing the whole way! It was glorious. Reminded me of my driving the Targa Florio circuit in Sicily, but without the turns! I might do it again, this weekend. I'm still looking for a twisty and little used road in this area, but the only ones I've found are pretty well used! I like this one road that goes to Lake Tahoe from south Reno, but it's fairly well traveled as is the road to Virginia City.  I was really spoiled living in Silicon Valley, CA. a 20 minute drive would get one into the Santa Cruz mountains and some of the best driving roads in the country! Below are two pictures of my Alfa. They're self explanatory. Her name is Sophia, and she's a real lady! Even Ferrari owners nod approvingly at her!

GTV-6 in Pescadero.jpg

My %22office%22.jpg

I can just imagine you listening to 'Born To Be Wild' during your drive ...the cello version of course :)

System (i): Stack Audio Link > Denafrips Iris 12th/Ares 12th-1; Gyrodec/SME V/Hana SL/EAT E-Glo Petit/Magnum Dynalab FT101A) > PrimaLuna Evo 100 amp > Klipsch RP-600M/REL T5x subs

System (ii): Allo USB Signature > Bel Canto uLink+AQVOX psu > Chord Hugo > APPJ EL34 > Tandy LX5/REL Tzero v3 subs

System (iii) KEF LS50W/KEF R400b subs

System (iv) Technics 1210GR > Leak 230 > Tannoy Cheviot

1 minute ago, Richard Dale said:

I can just imagine you listening to 'Born To Be Wild' during your drive ...the cello version of course :)

If you look carefully at the interior shot I posted, you will notice on the center stack on the dashboard near the lower right-hand corner of the picture, there is only a blanking plate where a radio or stereo would normally be. IOW, there is none. That's on purpose. The "song" of that OHC, flat-cranked, 3.0 lire V-6 in full song is all the music that I require when driving the Alfa. Maybe that's something that only a gear-head can appreciate.

Actually, as much of a stickler as I am for high-end audio in my home, I am totally indifferent to it in a car. My daily driver, a VW GTI, has the standard "Monsoon" stereo in it. While driving around town I listen to Reno's brand new classical radio station KRCJ. The radio is stock. No special speakers, no aftermarket amplifiers. It sounds just OK. I've never heard a car stereo that I thought sounded "right" anyway, and just think that a car is too hostile an environment for decent sound, so I don't bother!

George

16 minutes ago, Fluffytime said:

This post is the most adorable thing I've ever seen.

Glad you liked it (words dripping with sarcasm!). I didn't enjoy posting it at all. I don't like being harsh with fellow audiophiles, but Blakes lack of tolerance and general nastiness made me take a harsh line with him. Seems like a lot of people here need to learn that just because tastes differ, it doesn't mean that one has free reign to insult those with whom you disagree. Lots of people on this forum have told me that they hate classical music, find it boring, etc. Do I try to change their minds or convince them that they shouldn't denigrate people who do like it? No. I never do that. I don't care what other people listen to personally. I might not understand forms of music to which I never listen, and I might say verbally say that I don't like it (just as many have told me that they don't like classical music or jazz), but I don't generally denigrate the people who hold those opinions. This fracas started because Some guy on a You-Tube video was playing a guitar with a resultant sound that was total distortion. I don't listen to the types of music that use that kind of instrumentation, so I'd never heard an electric guitar do that. Since then, I have been castigated, made fun of, been told that I am boring and would be no fun at a party, all because I eschew and am not very familiar with modern (post 1965) forms of popular music. I have to wonder how many of these "rockers" could stand up to a grilling on grand opera? Or could tell the difference between an oboe and a cor Anglais? Very few, I suspect, and why should they? They don't listen to those kinds of music and I wouldn't expect them to. Yet, they come all unglued and whip up a Jihad against me because I don't know one electric guitar from another, or have never heard one that was really distorted as on that video. 

Sorry to be so long winded here. But I had to get that off my chest. Now, go ahead and let slip the dogs of insult!

George

43 minutes ago, gmgraves said:

Glad you liked it (words dripping with sarcasm!). I didn't enjoy posting it at all. I don't like being harsh with fellow audiophiles, but Blakes lack of tolerance and general nastiness made me take a harsh line with him. Seems like a lot of people here need to learn that just because tastes differ, it doesn't mean that one has free reign to insult those with whom you disagree. Lots of people on this forum have told me that they hate classical music, find it boring, etc. Do I try to change their minds or convince them that they shouldn't denigrate people who do like it? No. I never do that. I don't care what other people listen to personally. I might not understand forms of music to which I never listen, and I might say verbally say that I don't like it (just as many have told me that they don't like classical music or jazz), but I don't generally denigrate the people who hold those opinions. This fracas started because Some guy on a You-Tube video was playing a guitar with a resultant sound that was total distortion. I don't listen to the types of music that use that kind of instrumentation, so I'd never heard an electric guitar do that. Since then, I have been castigated, made fun of, been told that I am boring and would be no fun at a party, all because I eschew and am not very familiar with modern (post 1965) forms of popular music. I have to wonder how many of these "rockers" could stand up to a grilling on grand opera? Or could tell the difference between an oboe and a cor Anglais? Very few, I suspect, and why should they? They don't listen to those kinds of music and I wouldn't expect them to. Yet, they come all unglued and whip up a Jihad against me because I don't know one electric guitar from another, or have never heard one that was really distorted as on that video. 

Sorry to be so long winded here. But I had to get that off my chest. Now, go ahead and let slip the dogs of insult!

I have no idea how to even begin responding to this wall of... Whatever it may be.

I'll just say this: It takes two to tango. And I think you already knew that. ;)

Also, if you've honestly never heard an electric guitar with that much distortion (and it's not really that much distortion, relatively speaking) you must have been living under a rock for the past 45 years.

I get that you prefer classical, and there's certainly nothing wrong with that, but come on... Are you some sort of hermit? Do you never interact with other people in real life?

3 hours ago, Blake said:

George: People who listen to rock, reggae, soul, country have no taste, this music is the downfall of our society, yuck! Oh and rap/hip hop is "utterly disgusting".

Blake:  Then you have bland/boring musical tastes!

George: You Blake, have no taste, but I do!

Blake: Points out George has been living under a rock and is probably not the life of the party (in my defense, George unwittingly admitted to living under a rock)

George: You thinned skinned, banal lover!

George: Blake needs to learn to be more tolerant, he is mean and nasty and he has insulted me! I never denigrate people who don't share my musical tastes.

P.S.  Plissken, my apologies for the derail.  No more comments from me.  I am a jerk!

Hah, funny how this works, right?

Listen to George as he denigrates everything beyond 1955!!! Primitive beasts! The downfall of western society! Arrrgh!!! Jungle Music!

DO NOT QUESTION GEORGE!!! DO NOT BULLY GEORGE!!! THIN SKIN!!! BLGGRRGHLAARBBLL!!!