IGNORED

Allo Digione Signature

On 8/27/2020 at 11:19 PM, foscolo84 said:

Thank you, that's very helpful!  Did you find any appreciable differences in SQ between the two outputs?

Just saw this, I can add a data point.

I found the BNC vs RCA output to sound the same into the same DAC with the same cable.

In theory BNC is a better connection, but the practical result depends on the quality of the cable. Using a better cable with RCA connectors gave me a better sound vs a less good BNC cable.

• 1 month later...
8 minutes ago, quanghuy147 said:

After almost a year of using Shanti with Digione Signature. I now try the battery pack for Clean Power and Shanti for Dirty Power on Digione Signature. 

The result is mind-blowing, the dynamics and the speed of the sound have improved dramatically, the background is darker. However, the bass and mid bass are leaner and lose impact compared to when using powers from Shanti for both Clean and Dirty Power on Digione Signature. 

Could someone explain and help me to get the best of 2 worlds?

I use the Allo battery pack for clean, and Shanti plus Ciunas Supercap for RPi (actually USBridge Sig). This sounds a bit better than just Shanti on its own. The only reason I do this is that I’d already purchased both supplies.

I’ve also found the Shanti responds to better power cords (even though it is only charging the supercap in my system!). If you have a selection of PC’s available, try your best one on the Shanti.

13 hours ago, RX8R3ROD said:

Great to hear folks experimenting. 👍🏻 You might find that if you regulate your battery supply, and (optionally) add an iFi DC iPurifier or two, it will sound even better on the clean supply. 😀

Interesting, what were the batteries and regulators used and how much extra did the iFi bring? Did you also try Allo battery pack direct with LG LiPO4 batteries?