IGNORED

Allo Digione Signature

Digione Signature Player just arrived with the Shanti.  I have everything connected correctly - 5V power set up right; BNC to mscaler; connected to ethernet.  My unit came with Moode, and I'm able to access this via browser, but I have no idea what to do next.  I want Roon to recognize this as an endpoint.  Anyone can help?  I have very little technical knowledge about this stuff and there is no download for Moode support on Allo's website, only Volumnio and DietPi: https://allo.com/sparky/digione-signature-player.html#downloads

16 minutes ago, clipper said:

DietPi and RoPieee have been suggested (by others).  I use GentooPlayer.

If you stick with Moode, you can use its Squeezelite renderer support. 

In Moode -

1) Configuration, Audio Config, set I2S audio device for Allo DigiOne Signature.  Hit Set.  Reboot.

2) Configuration, Audio Config, under Renderers, set Squeezelite to on.

In Roon - 

1) Turn on Enable Squeezebox Support (in Settings, Setup).

Then, Roon should see your Digione Signature (running Squeezelite in Moode).

TY.  Followed these steps and for some reason Roon can’t find the Allo.  It says “searching for squeezebox devices” - And then something about turning off LMS which I’ve never to my knowledge installed.  

I got Moode working for Tidal ( but now Qobuz) by turning on UPNP and downloading an app called mconnect.  

Thinking best bet might be to download DietPi/Allo’s GUI which should let me connect to HQplayer/NAA.

I compared the digione signature to my previous setup consisting of Roon streamed to an airport express endpoint, confirming what I had read on multiple reviews about the quality of the digione.  My initial impression was actually in favor of the existing implementation with the airport, as the digione seemed a bit bright in comparison, along with a sort of etched quality I sometimes notice from digital cable inputs.  On a/b testing though and after giving my ears some time to adjust, and maybe even some burn in, the superiority of the digione was evident.  Although the airport was passable for pop music it lacked sorely for classical; the digital one cleared up all the haze and fuzz I was hearing with my airport.  Now to compare to my SMS200.

I was still unable to get Roon to recognize squeezelite.  My only guess is that there’s something going on with the ports.  How to address though is beyond my understanding at the moment.