IGNORED

Allo Digione Signature

On 5/18/2019 at 11:11 AM, rhern213 said:

Hi All, 

I'm hoping to get some help on solving my issue with, my Roon playback suddenly stopped working and skips tracks through Digione after re-configuring to a Static IP. My Roon setup through the Digione was playing perfectly after initial installation. After setting a static IP for the Digione I now play a track and the time does not run and the tracks automatically skip to the next after about 10 seconds of inactivity. Roon recognizes my Digione correctly, with the correct IP addresses and settings. When I play a track Roon acts as if it’s trying to play, I even get the correct signal path. However the time bar for the track does not move, stays on 0 minutes played, and after about 10 seconds the track automatically skips to the next one until the queue is finished and stops playing completely. This also happens regardless of the music source, NAS, Tidal, Qobuz, all have the same issues.

This only happens on the Digione, I have another Roon endpoint (Cambridge Audio CXNv2) and Roon works fine on this which was also set to a Static IP similar to the Digione. This leads me to believe it's a Digione communication issue, not a Roon issue.

I have tried all of the following with no success:
Restarted Roon Core
Deleted RAATServer folder
Set RPI3 back to DHCP handling
Restarted all network devices
Disabled Digione Airplay Sharepoint
Disabled Digione Ethernet port

I’d appreciate any help, I’m stuck at this point on what could possibly be a solution other than re-installing everything which I'm trying to avoid.

Thanks!

Can you able to do ssh to the device?

Forwarded one PM asking the details

• 5 months later...
46 minutes ago, Koomy said:

I've been trying to get the USBSig to work with my Uptone LPS 1.2.

It will boot, but then shuts down after after approx 15 seconds - I assume this is due to insufficient power (1.1A)

I'm using a WiFi dongle + USB stick for music files (not using Ethernet for anything).

I'm wondering if, and how, I can disable the Ethernet port (or any thing else) to reduce power consumption.

TIA for any tips!

If you are using WiFi dongle + USB stick ,1 A may not be sufficient.

You can black list Asix Ethernet driver while boot up in  /etc/modprobe.d/

• 2 months later...
On 1/8/2020 at 1:48 AM, Canti1982 said:

I'm having issues running my Digione Signature with 24bit 96khz content, sometimes it plays fine but other times it seems to not output correctly to my dac (chord qutest). It causes the qutest to cycle through all the different frequency inputs. This has happens with both Ropiee and Dietpi. 

Almost seems like a bandwidth issue but it's running over a gigabit network, not sure why it's failing. Connecting my computer running Roon directly to the dac works perfectly at the same time so it's definitely related to the Digione Signature. 

Any thoughts? Not very happy as I bought it thinking it would play 24bit 96khz perfectly. 

Forwarded PM please check

• 1 month later...
16 minutes ago, WilliamWykeham said:

I compared the digione signature to my previous setup consisting of Roon streamed to an airport express endpoint, confirming what I had read on multiple reviews about the quality of the digione.  My initial impression was actually in favor of the existing implementation with the airport, as the digione seemed a bit bright in comparison, along with a sort of etched quality I sometimes notice from digital cable inputs.  On a/b testing though and after giving my ears some time to adjust, and maybe even some burn in, the superiority of the digione was evident.  Although the airport was passable for pop music it lacked sorely for classical; the digital one cleared up all the haze and fuzz I was hearing with my airport.  Now to compare to my SMS200.

I was still unable to get Roon to recognize squeezelite.  My only guess is that there’s something going on with the ports.  How to address though is beyond my understanding at the moment.  

Forwarded PM please check

• 5 months later...