IGNORED

Allo Digione Signature

7 hours ago, analogmusic said:

Not sure what is going on with Allo. I placed an order on 24th December, and have been promised twice now that my digione signature would ship on Friday.

Am getting a bit worried about them missing their deadlines twice. I was told that they had some delays due to customs imports but surely promising me that the shipment would leave and missing the deadline is strange.

21st December I placed order at internet shop who sales Allo products in Poland and then got message that approx delivery time is over 6 weeks so I canceled order and I placed my order at allo.com 22nd December, no answers about dispatch since then (zero contact). I was thinking that they as a manufacturer will have own stock filled with their new product but it looks they don't.

My plan was build it with alu case so I bought lot of stuff to complete that (and I thinking now if it was good idea because total price is over SOTM SMS-200 NEO and good LPS)

Just hope that they will not vanish with our money 🤣

Just now, analogmusic said:

So allo confirmed my DigiOne Signature is shipping today

I am really looking forward to it.

Lucky you😉, in my case still have no answer after contacting two different persons from customer service.

Thinking to cancel order and buy from audiophonics (it looks like they have it in stock)

On 1/7/2019 at 3:05 PM, analogmusic said:

So allo confirmed my DigiOne Signature is shipping today

I am really looking forward to it.

Did they send you your Digione Signature? I'm being flushed with answers like "let us check what happening and you will get answer soon"

I really don't like it that they can't admit that stock is empty and we need to wait probably few weeks more before they produce it

17 minutes ago, RX8R3ROD said:

Hope you get your Signature really soon! 🤞

I know it’s really frustrating waiting for a much-anticipated product to arrive, but Allo is a younger, growing company ...

We are human beings😊 and I would understand explanation "sorry buddy we are out of stock, your order will be delivered approx ...."

Worst thing is no info just cheap excuses "we will check it and give you answer" and three days nothing (my order was placed 22 December)

Or they should put info on their website like f. ex ODROID did

9 minutes ago, Tintinabulum said:

Also sometimes it almost seems like people use these forums to almost blackmail companies into action. I'm not sure if that what these forums are here for.

Let's see. I'm not and I think the others do also not blackmailing Allo.

But I think all of us deserve to treat us as a adults at the end there are we who pays for it.

Someone can say it's cheap and I was thinking the same but actually it's not cheap if you want to have it with decent LPS and in better case/ box.

So for me now (digi one signature/ raspberry pi 3 b+/ sd card/ LPS/ batteries with charger/ component alloy case/ wires/adapters and lot of time) it's around 900$

Worst is that ppl who works for allo starting to lie or just don't answer emails. I bought directly, they collected money after two days from the day I placed order. It's almost three weeks now and nothing happened and that's bad I think.

Maybe you paid for the product and you received it in reasonable time. I paid upfront almost 300$ and after three weeks have nothing, even proper explanation why.

4 hours ago, Reverso said:

I received a shipping confirmation and tracking number for my order this morning. The order was placed on 12/28. 

This is pure speculation, but perhaps they had a large backlog of holiday orders to process.

@kotlarix, I hope your order is processed soon!

Same here "in transit", but first I got email that my order is canceled so I wrote again and my digione signature is on the way to me 😉

Rest of a stuff coming Tuesday so when I'll be ready with drilling I'll share pictures

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ad1. Yup both USB type C (digione signature is delivered with two adapters 5.5mm Jack -> USB type C)

Ad2. In Europe you can buy SBOOSTER ( remember chose correct one,  SBOOSTER COMES comes in many different voltage variations) company finds it self in Netherlands

Here is mine,  not finished yet though playing music like a champ.

Power supply:

1st (RPI) TOMANEK mini

2nd (Digione signature) Sturder 900 chinese copy from Ebay (13$) - changed all caps to Nichicon FG Audio, extra polymer films, and audio grade transformer 15VAC

Sounds amazing, for now I played only spotify through airplay (I was sure that chromecast had ok quality but Allo DS it's a rocket)

I added delay module before TOMANEK PSU so it's switching it ON with 45sec delay (allo advice is to connect dirty side with approx 40sec later after powering DS)

Next step it's ATX POWER off button but I need to order pcb board first

20190328_023008.jpg

53 minutes ago, RX8R3ROD said:

Looks great, and I can imagine sounds great too!

And that’s IMHO a veeeery imaginative way of building a power supply with excellent components, but not having to do it absolutely from scratch. 👍🏻

Thanks for sharing 😀

Not exactly as I planned (I bought that audio grade transformer [it's two transformer in one galvanicly separated from each other) to feed two PSU boards and save place in.

Unfortunately when I was ordering soldiering kit from Ebay I didn't found info that this board need 9VAC min to drive the board (that's why two different psu (had to connect transformer in series to get max from it and be able to drive Sturder 900 circuit)

Those three empty holes are for NEUTRIK outputs adapters (USB, LAN, HDMI).

I've seen you're pictures and till some point I wanted copy your set up but those ifi purifiers are too expensive for me and you used few of them, my project is very cheap comparing to yours.

2 hours ago, InfinitelyBaffled said:

Congratulations!  Looks great!  What's that breakout board on top the Pi?

It's an GPIO extender when connected to the Pi gives you three GPIO slots on top of a Pi.

I bought it because I needed to make some room under Digione signature (if you want to build in digione in casing and its connected directly to the Pi when assembling player to the casing with nut on the BNC output it's pressing on audio Jack and hdmi slot, that's one reason second is it gave me possibility to mount hdmi port in case and third one is I have free GPIOS pins and I'm planning to connect ATX power off button

22 hours ago, dmormerod said:

Where did you get the case/enclosure?

Bought it from Poland 35$ https://arama.pl (it's composite 0,6mm alu - 2,7mm plastic - 0,6mm alu) looks nice I like brushed surface and those wooden sides like on old Yamaha (aesthetics decided to choose it) but when it comes to drilling wholes 'well' I definitely buy something that's made from real alu or kind of steel.

As you can see on pictures it's not 100% perfect (I'm kind of pedantic guy😂 who loves quality)

Every whole in this case/enclosure is done by hand, most advanced tool was analog caliper 😂 (I didn't have access to table drill). As I mentioned the case material is difficult to work work because it's super soft to much press make it "bends in" gladly plastic hammer and gentle hits helped to finish that project 🤣 (was super sceptic after first hole but I made it finish) 

13 hours ago, RX8R3ROD said:

Looks very professional indeed; and great choice getting some wood in there as that would seem very likely to help dissipate resonances compared to all-metal enclosures, which does seem to affect sound quality 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Thanks @RX8R3RODI really appreciate your opinion. I follow this thread from December and it seems that you and few others guys are guiding and motivating guys like me "showing THE way" to spend some time on it and make it better every time you doing changes.

• 3 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, ThenewGearPPK said:

This might be a stupid question, but can I use a i2s cable on the DigiOne Signature instead of a coax cable?

Will I still get the isolation & clean power supply benefit if used with a i2s cable on the Signature?

Sound coming out from DS and then you have spdif and aes/ebu output.

What you want to connect? 

4 hours ago, n1kcha said:

So my DigiOne Signature arrived, i build the player, installed Dietpi, updated the software, made some configuration using  web gui and finally connected it to my Naim Dac through Naim DC1 digital cable.

Unfortunately i have no sound yet... I tried to copy some music to samba share but default username and password (root/dietpi) did not work. Afterwards i tried to play a sample file that is already there using O!MPD  but an error message appears and player didn't work.

So any advice on this? I thought that is sensible to do the Dietpi OS updates after first boot, can this cause problems? How to fix samba password issue? i tried to connect using windows, i will try later using linux to see if this is client OS problem.

Anyways if i cant resolve the described issues, i will try Roon and Volumio options.

Also one more question: can i use O!MPD to play music stored on network (NAS) as i do not like the idea to connect external storage directly to rpi.

Hi,

1. I see that you haven't chose Digione Signature as a sound card.

2. I recommend you to login through ssh client to RPI and do configuration manually (choose sound card). Type dietpi-config when using ssh client

3. Dietpi have samba server implemented but you need to install it (I've tried but o didn't succeed 😂 and bought synology 218play nas)

4. If you have NAS then it's just too install player on your phone, tablet, iPad etc.

I need to say that I'm streaming through Airplay always have some issues through DLNA (connection seems to be less stable)

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Ian End said:

I received my DigiOne Signature last week. So far I have not managed to get a single sound out of it - not from DietPi+WebGui, not from Volumio. I can see that it is playing (e.g., by looking at http://volumio/dev) but there is nothing coming out of my amp. I've tested both the amp input and cable by connecting it to my CD player, which immediately played music through the amplifier.

I'm at a loss, and unless I can get this working quickly I will want to return the DigiOne as it is a lot more trouble than it is worth right now. I'm very frustrated by what I had thought would be a high-quality product actually turning out to be quite amateur.

Hi,

Have you choose Digione as a sound card (by default it's a 3,5 Jack output from Pi)? You can do that from webgui. Second thing you need to do it's setup bitrate so it's match your DAC on the endpoint you gonna use (DIETPI have few when installed) I'm using airplay for this instance.

57 minutes ago, Ian End said:

Thanks. On Volumio I'm just trying to stream from a DLNA server that is on my network. I cannot find any documentation on how to modify the bitrate to match the output device. However, I have played both a 16-bit and 24-bit files and neither of them produce any sound. I have read several references that setting output to 32-bit might solve this problem, but there is no documentation on how to do that!

When you log in to webGui using web browser, you will find quite big icons, when clicking DLNA it will move you to settings where you will be able to choose bitrate.

I've read your newest posts and I need to ask you if you use separate DAC device? 

Digione Signature is a source/transport it needs an DAC to play.

22 minutes ago, Ian End said:

An update on this: I discovered the Audio Resampling menu within volumio.  Below are the results of my tests:

Native: no sound, track shown playing in http://volumio/dev

Forced 16-bit: no sound, track shown playing in http://volumio/dev

Forced 24-bit:  no sound, track shown playing in http://volumio/dev

Forced 32-bit: no sound, track NOT shown playing in http://volumio/dev

I wonder why that is?

Depends on DAC you use you need to choose sampling f. Ex I'm using Hegel HD20 that can transcode up to 192kHz 24-bit so it's not possible for me to play 32 bit

1 minute ago, Ian End said:

The Hegel h160 has a built-in DAC.

I am using Volumio at present, but I will switch to the DietPi+WebGui SD card that I have and search for the "big icons".

So for you 24Bit/192kHz is correct for your spdif/COAX input in your Hegel H160.

I've would recommend you to not change to much in dietpi settings, just setup DLNA to play 24Bit/192kHz (if you will play files f. Ex 16Bit/44kHz you don't need to change anything)