IGNORED

Allo Digione Signature

HELP! NO SOUND!

Received my digione signature today (fully assembled from Audiophonics, with Dietpi pre-installed)

I have configured the software I want to use, Roon Bridge and Raspotify.

Found the digione in both Spotify Connect location and within Roon.

NO SOUND via SPDIF.

HELP PLEASE ALLO, a bit concerned that there is not a direct email contact to enable support, just the forum?!

Just to cheer me up at the end of a frustrating evening, wondered if anyone could comment on what I should expect moving from my previous set up? 

Going from a Rpi 3 with Allo Kali Reclocker to the Digione Signature Player, feeding my DDDac 1794. Previous connection was made via i2s direct to the DAC board, which is said to give best results, so hoping the Signature won’t prove a retrograde step! 

Thanks

trying that now. will wait longer before powering clean side.

Allo have responded, asking if I have Digione selected in Dietpi, going to look into that too.

I am using a Mac, it would be more convenient to SSH rather than connect up to a display via HDMI again, could someone help me connect via SSH? I am looking online for a tutorial now.

Sorry for the newbie questions!

6 hours ago, LowMidHigh said:

Last advice: Keep the DS running for weeks. It gets better with time....

Looking at Max2Play now, nice website. 

Am I right in thinking it cannot host Roon? Can only see Squeezelite.

I use Roon with Tidal at the moment. Given up on Dietpi, just flashing a copy of Ropieee.

28 minutes ago, RX8R3ROD said:

I suspect experience varies, but Roipee worked absolutely straight away for me 😁 Good luck 😉 

Pretty sure it’s what I used for my previous pi.

Been reading a DS thread on the naim forum, good stuff. Pretty sure you are in there? The naim stuff has always appealed to me, aesthetics and sound. When demoing amps I couldn’t afford what I wanted, a 250 I think, so settled for s/h Job 225 which has a similar rep for PRAT.

well, spent the entire afternoon/evening trying to get sound from the DS, and failed.

I have used a new SD card with Ropieee, all configured correctly (although I did notice that in the set-up options for Ropieee you can select Allo Digione, but there is no Signature).

Roon recognises the endpoint.

Tracks seem to be playing through.

NO SOUND.

I have tried a number of powering options for clean and pi side, using the Allo 5v PS for the pi with either another 5v or 12v for clean.

Will try with batteries on Monday, but don't hold out much hope!

I can only think that there is a hardware fault somewhere, so anticipating sending back to Audiophonics next week. Don't really want to open the case, don't think I should have to at the selling price IMO.

On the Allo website it seems the present the message that the clean side is flexible in what power is used? Doesn't seem to be the case, as I can only think that I am under powering or overpowering.

Waste of a weekend! Anyone got a Lumin to sell?

I am now powering the clean side with the Allo PS.

Dirty side with 5v LPS, which seems to be fine, as the Pi is working ok, installing Ropieee. So now don't think I am doing anything wrong power-wise.

All fine in Roon, aside from now sound output.

FRUSTRATING, Allo are helping, I have sent set up screens to them.

Thanks all for the advice so far.

So after a lengthy troubleshooting session, it seems I have a DigiOne Signature with a fualty board. Annoying, as I would have expected Allo to have at least the level of quality control that would catch such issues.

Sending the unit back to Audiophonics today, have asked for a replacement. Going to give it one more go, then I’ll have to consider something more mainstream.

has anyone compared the Digione against a Lumin D1/2, or Aries with LPS? 

13 minutes ago, Emcee said:

After no news I finally received a reply reassuring me that it would ship on Jan 8. One day later and still no shipping confirmation. What pisses me off is that I paid extra for fast shipping so I would get it before I return to work next week. Just hoping it lives up to expectations and is a noticeable improvement over my base model DigiOne.

More importantly just hope it’s not faulty like the one I just shipped back. Appreciate these companies are reasonably new, and production is handled elsewhere, but they should by now have QC in place similar to the companies they are looking to compete with, otherwise mainstream folk like me will just return to Auralic or Bluesound (reluctantly).

• 2 weeks later...

That’s very selfish, surely you need to be thinking of us rather than enjoying your lovely system😉

I now have a fully operational DS, a noticeable cleaner, more extended presentation compared to my previous Pi/Kali set up. 

Using batteries at the moment on the clean side, with the Allo PS on the dirty. Would opt for something like the Studer if worthwhile. The fun begins trying power options, but very pleased with the sound quality of the DS, and I would have been the first to complain after receiving a faulty unit first time round. Worth the patience!