IGNORED

Allo Digione Signature

Came across with new allo digione signature.

This is available on their website. Allo digione went up double! Does its price justify its performance???

hmmmm

It reads like this.

DigiOne Signature

Our regular DigiOne has no equal.

In our quest for digital perfection we asked how we can improve the design and give you the ultimate DigiOne.

First, we decided to use more board space (we are using 2 boards), the PCB area increased 220%. First board is the “dirty side” and top board has the “clean side”. With the extra space, we used the best decoupling capacitors (film) on everything that’s important (clocks, buffers, flip flops). Also, with this extra space we added a supercap on the “clean side” so most of the electrons come from this onboard “buffer” (there is so much power onboard that DigiOne Sig can run a few seconds without any power attached to the clean side).

We also decided to use 2 power supplies. The “dirty power” needs 5V /2-3A (RPI power). The “clean side” needs about 60mA and accepts anything from 5V to 29V. You can use anything on it, linear power supply or pure batteries power.

Thirdly, we changed the clocks to the latest from NDK (ultralow jitter SDA) that have lower phase noise than the previous generation.

2.PNG

3.PNG

4.PNG

Allo Sig one.PNG

15 hours ago, zacho said:

Wondering if there's gonna be a trade-up program? Also, it doesn't look like the metal case for the digione player will be compatible with the digione signature ?

Im not sure if that is the case. The price is a bit steep. 

2 minutes ago, Ampega said:

I asked them a while ago if they were working on a 2nd version of this card and the answer was, "No, we are totally focussed on the Katana project"..... and now this,  I dont know how to deal with......

I was also surprised this is released along with the katana.. I think the usbridge 2.0 is coming underway

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, smethley said:

Makes sense, but then surely then each new audio file will have its bit-rate read upon loading by RPI and this info passed onto the Digione board.  Therefore no need to worry about power up order.  Just complete boot/power up in any order, but before playing music.  After all, it must adapt to the bit rate of each new file on the fly - otherwise we'd have to reboot each time a new file arrives, which clearly we don't. Or have I completely misunderstood?

with the Katana v1 experience You have to follow the correct boot sequence, otherwise you will have a smurf. This is a case of the master DAC. I dont know in the transport (no issue on my Doubly powered USBRIDGE though)

9 minutes ago, smethley said:

Thanks, so you always get a 'smurf', even if you send a new audio file?

To recap, I'm really just trying to find out whether I really need to reboot the RPI each time I reconnect batteries to the Signature.  I'm hoping Allo will make it clearer why this is / is not.

Even you restart it infinitely using that sequence, you will always have it for master dac (tried on PcP, Volumio, & Dietpi). This is a known firmware issue that was fixed in Katana v2.

It  is always the case when you power RPi then the output stage. I normally power the output stage 1st to eliminate the issue.

For transport.. in my USBRIDGE using volumio i never encountered it. 

• 2 weeks later...