IGNORED

Allo Digione Signature

I just got the Signature I am a bit confused I got Volumio powering up and using the same Linear power unit to power my DAC that has extra 5v output but not getting any sound

Do I need to power both USB C  inputs or is their not enough power from the Supercap PSU 

I have a spare 12v battery that I could use but cannot find a cable USB C to battery 

I was using the DigOne and really like this player so I was hoping in hearing some good sounds tonight 

DigiOne with custom PSU (Supercaped) Coherent Audio Meicord Ethernet Cable IFI USB Silencer x 2Caiman SEQ modified by Coherent Supercaped 

Amps  2x Philips Black Tulips 370 (one per channel) for PRV drivers. Berhinger INuke 3000 for bass drivers

DIY No Baffle speakers PRV 5MR450-NDY and Selenium Neo Bass drivers in Isobarek configuration  

I could get a 12v to 5v converter for the battery to power the pi I add another one for the dirty side Or even the SMPS

I then use a 5v from my supercaped LPS to power the clean side 

I presume dirty side on input is left USB c and clean USB c on the right hand side?

DigiOne with custom PSU (Supercaped) Coherent Audio Meicord Ethernet Cable IFI USB Silencer x 2Caiman SEQ modified by Coherent Supercaped 

Amps  2x Philips Black Tulips 370 (one per channel) for PRV drivers. Berhinger INuke 3000 for bass drivers

DIY No Baffle speakers PRV 5MR450-NDY and Selenium Neo Bass drivers in Isobarek configuration  

So both USB C inputs 5v being supplied to them 

Just to let people know got the signature up and running

I am feeding the dirty side with the supplied SMPS I might experiment later on as I have a spare battery I can use and could use a 12v to 5v dc converter Just need to find on with a USB C output or perhaps a adapter 

Sound wise it is a nice step up. The tonal colour is more richer, it gives more slam and micro detail. Both files and Spotify sound excellent. 

I need to come up with some way of powering them both up at the same time

I know the USB bridge quite well and whilst I think it a bit better than the DigiOne, the Signature is in another league for sure. But for those wanting a USB output it might be better to wait a few months

I am pretty sure Allo would not miss the opportunity to upgrade that USB bridge to a Signature version. I have a few friends waiting for this. 

The Signature is a very different beast to the DiigiOne

At the moment they seem to be building their product base at quite a fast rate, so think more to come. 

Cheers I have a very good custom built PSU but thanks for the thought 

• 3 months later...

I had a similar issue with a highly modified Caiman SEG I think it was a software issue between the seg and the signature. Was in correspondence with Allo and tried to find solutions but in the end had to return. Hope you can find a solution but think a issue between the 2 devices. 

In my case it would not keep a lock on the signal.

• 10 months later...

A friend if mine was using the Cunas power supply but prefers the Temple Audio Supercharger he using with a Lindemann Limetree not a pi board 

I think similar price