IGNORED

Allo Digione Signature

On 2/25/2019 at 6:22 PM, Nay said:

Hi,

I have attached a USB HDD containing music files to my Digione Sig how do i view those files on my network to play using android apps like bubbleupnp i can see the renderer option showing Volumio but the library shows nothing?

Do i need to alter some settings in Volumio?

Thank you

Read more  

If anyone can be bothered to answer this, it is all new to me?

Don't know about android apps but if you go to a computer on the network, open your browser and go to volumo.local. Once volumo opens at the bottom click the browse tab. In there you will see various options. Go to "Folders" and you should be able to navigate to your attached Music HD.Upvote

System: Fedilizer Pro>Pareto Audio Server with both Audiolinux (Roon) and W10 (Audirvana Studio) OS's, currently using W10 (control via remote desktop with laptop)> Original (2015) Sonore Signature Series, BNC/SPDIF > Yggdrasil A2 > Pass Labs XA100 Monoblocks > Triton Reference Speakers (modified) >Tweeked CiscoSG110D-08 LAN Switch. Cabling: Canare LV-77S SPDIF, Kimber KS2026 XLR interconnects, Kimber KS3035 Speaker wires.

• 9 months later...

Glad it has worked for you folks. I have not tried the EtherRegen but it does have the same purpose as the Basske filter. I first tried the Basske on the Digione with good results. I then tried one on the cisco ethernet switch with good results there. I then put one on the line from the switch to the Audirvana/PC, and again had good results. I purchased the Basske filters used on ebay for about $50 each.

System: Fedilizer Pro>Pareto Audio Server with both Audiolinux (Roon) and W10 (Audirvana Studio) OS's, currently using W10 (control via remote desktop with laptop)> Original (2015) Sonore Signature Series, BNC/SPDIF > Yggdrasil A2 > Pass Labs XA100 Monoblocks > Triton Reference Speakers (modified) >Tweeked CiscoSG110D-08 LAN Switch. Cabling: Canare LV-77S SPDIF, Kimber KS2026 XLR interconnects, Kimber KS3035 Speaker wires.

I don't think the Basskes are directional but you could try reversing it to see if you hear a difference. Regarding Audirvana not seeing the Digione, the only time I've had issues is when the Digione is not seen on the network and I have to reboot the Digione player. I do remember a time when I had to open Audirvana before opening the Volumio GIU or Audirvana would not see the Digione. This went away when I updated Audirvana. I don't think the "Scan Folder" button makes any difference to the process of the Digione being seen by Audirvana. Hope this helps.

Brian

I'm only using two. I took the 3rd out of the system last Friday. You can go too far....

Brian

• 7 months later...

Takes the digione sig a couple of weeks of burn in. Also the type of SPDIF cable makes a significant difference.

• 1 month later...

I found the Digione Signature mounted atop the USB Signature Bridge to sound significantly better than the stand alone Digione in the plastic case. Also, I prefer the Digione output over the USB output of the Bridge. YMMV