IGNORED

Allo Digione Signature

Could be interesting, $239 is quite affordable for most people. I already own the non-signature version and am wondering what I would need besides the extra RPi and second PSU which I already have. I suspect my current acrylic case would become useless since the Signature is two PCBs high. And then of course there's the obvious question: How does it sound?

• 1 month later...
On 10/9/2018 at 9:11 AM, RX8R3ROD said:

A bit more on power supplies for the fab Signature.

I am getting excellent results (IME, in my system, and with my electricity supply a significant improvement on batteries, which themselves are already excellent) with a 12v iFi iPower regulated to 5v.

Experience now suggests a couple of 9v supercapacitors in series work extremely well on the input to the regulator (better, anyway, than Oscons, either singular or in various parallel combinations), where the PRaT elements and non-modulation across instruments and voices really do rock.

Interestingly, though, an LT7805 is so far the best-sounding regulator, easily besting an LT3405; somewhat against my expectations and relative pricing of the products.

Just goes to to show the old adage that whilst measurements are important to learn from, it’s what it sounds like that ultimately matters. ?

If you want to get even more from your Signature than you may be getting now (hard to imagine, I know ?), I can very much recommend this route and IME it’s well worth a bit of experimentation.

I await the Allo supply for the Signature with some interest! ??

I have the DigiOne (not signature) being fed by a Paul Hynes SR-4 (clean side) and a CIAudio (RPI side). I'm thinking about ordering the Signature version. Anyhow my question is: where exactly did you install the LT7805, in the external power supply or on the DigiOne itself?

• 2 months later...
On 12/31/2018 at 7:29 PM, Emcee said:

Are Allo closed for the holidays? I ordered the Signature 5 days ago and have yet to receive a shipping confirmation despite choosing the 3-5 day delivery option. In other words I should have received the unit by now.

Well another 3 days and two more emails sent to Allo and still no reply. A heads up or at least some kind of acknowledgment would be nice.

After no news I finally received a reply reassuring me that it would ship on Jan 8. One day later and still no shipping confirmation. What pisses me off is that I paid extra for fast shipping so I would get it before I return to work next week. Just hoping it lives up to expectations and is a noticeable improvement over my base model DigiOne.

2 hours ago, nbpf said:

My impression is that Allo are trying to do far too many things at the same time. I found that the standard DigiOne was a fantastic value, the DigiOne Signature less so, in spite of its very good sound quality. The lack of a reliable quality control and of suitable support channels independent of this forum, the inconsistency of the documentation (e.g., about the suitable voltages for powering the clean side), the mess with USB C connectors and adapters, the ambition of selling transports, DACs but also amplifiers, cases, power supplies ... that's a little bit too much even for a new company. I wish they would take a break, make the point of where they are and where they want to be in a couple of years and come up with some realistic roadmaps for what they consider to be their most defining products. The way audio companies are throwing products at the market while failing to bind customers through understandable price policies and reliable product roadmaps is just ridiculous. Allo could play a decisive role in putting an end to this madness and start building a more solid basis of loyal customers. Or just go bust as many others.      

I don't want to be too harsh against Allo but I would tend to agree with you. Reminds me of restaurants with extensive menus but with total chaos going on in the kitchen.

6 hours ago, rruffin said:

This forum has been so good that I feel free to ask a really DUMB question -

I wanted to upgrade the Signature power supply cables and ordered some from Gent audio. Unfortunately, the ones that I ordered have a USB C connector on one end and a MALE Oyaide plug on the other. The cables that come with the Signature have a female end which connects to the male connector (either from the supplied power supply or the battery pack). Did I order the wrong cable or do I need an adaptor?

Hi, could you please provide a link for this cable.

Thanks

8 hours ago, rruffin said:

I fried my Signature a few weeks ago by mixing up the power supplies.

Could you please explain how you fried your unit? I'm waiting for power cables to arrive before I can connect mine. It seems straightforward enough. Isn't it two 5V power supplies, one powers the Signature and the other powers the Raspberry. I'm currently powering my base model DigiOne with two separate 5V power supplies.

• 3 months later...
On 5/2/2019 at 2:49 AM, VG said:

Thank you for your reply.

No, it happence  also within same almbum. What I found it mainly with files that have high res.. 96KhZ, 192Khz. And when DS just started (cold), it works well, but after 30 min, it start to skip signal synchronization when new track starts. It happence just when you change track (menas resynch..). If you leave it play continuously, it's fine. Also not yet happence while plying. Only when you change track or in shuffle mode as well. I use volumio, it sounds best to me. And tried different DACs nad power supplyes, all the same. Here small example how is it. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yBVCnq777c&feature=youtu.be

I also have DigiOne (not signature)... never had this problem. Seems DS i got have some issue to be fixed.

I send it back to seller. And order new one directly from ALLO. Hope this one will be good. SIgnature really step up in sound in compare to DigiOne. Love it. Really upset it has an issue (

Hi,

I'm also having issues with uncompressed 24-192 FLAC files not playing with DigiOne Signature running piCorePlayer/LMS. Very frustrating as I never had any such problems with Squeezebox Touch