IGNORED

Allo Digione Signature

1 hour ago, n1kcha said:

So my DigiOne Signature arrived, i build the player, installed Dietpi, updated the software, made some configuration using  web gui and finally connected it to my Naim Dac through Naim DC1 digital cable.

Missing some info to provide specific answers but I did write-up my own "no sound" issue here: 

In summary: My issue was a power issue on the clean side. 

What error message are you getting?

With regard to connecting to the samba share....   Unless Allo has set this up on their image I don't believe DietPi sets up a share by default. Would require logging into the system via SSH and installing Samba. Directions for that are scattered around the DietPi website. If Samba is already installed it appears the default user/pass is dietpi/dietpi and changing these defaults is outlined here: https://dietpi.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5&start=10#p56

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Ian End said:

With some input from Allo_Support, we have found that I have the following errors in my dmesg log at playback:

[   33.291138] bcm2835-i2s 3f203000.i2s: I2S SYNC error!
[   53.592394] bcm2835-dma 3f007000.dma: DMA transfer could not be terminated
[   78.027685] bcm2835-i2s 3f203000.i2s: I2S SYNC error!
[   78.028682] bcm2835-i2s 3f203000.i2s: I2S SYNC error!

No solution yet, but at least a small lead.

I had exact same errors... Please read my, admittedly lengthy, post here and _please_ try swapping your clean side power. This sounds very much like what I ran into. I suspect you're having the same issue. Swapping clean side power will take you less time to test than reading my post. 

7 hours ago, mtavares said:

Is there any way to have Tidal Master MQA (full) using an Allo Digione Signature without a MQA compatible DAC?

Currently, I am using MyVolumio with and Schiit Gungnir Multibit DAC and it is limited to 48KHz/24bit.

Thanks in advance. QJA

Not possible. Full decode / unfold of MQA requires an MQA licensed / partnered and certified DAC. Software can do the first unfold which gives you "better" than redbook (CD) but that's it. The extra bits of MQA'ness can only be resolved with a MQA DAC. 

11 hours ago, mtavares said:

@ipeverywhere

Thanks by your response. Considering that the Smartphones are now capable to perform full decode, I thought that may be  the Raspberry Pi could perform the same function.

Regards, QJA

On a "technical" level there is nothing stopping a Pi DAC from full MQA decode. But, MQA is licensed and there are fees associated with that licensing which must be paid to MQA. Someone would need to release the Pi as a MQA DAC running specific software that holds that license. Maybe this could be done via a HAT. Now I'm wondering into technical areas I don't fully understand. But, being MQA is certainly not an "open" standard at all, I would _not_ expect someone to go through the trouble of licensing MQA in a way that would let you build a Pi on your own. Someone may use a Pi as the core of their DAC but I suspect it would be a complete product (which kind of takes the fun and low cost out of the reason you want a Pi).

As far as available smartphones it appears there is really only 1. The other listed on the MQA site is actually an adapter for the Essential phone so you'd need to keep the adapter plugged in at all time. That, to me is no better than...       the other way to get MQA on your phone is with compatible portable DAC like the Dragonfly. 

https://www.mqa.co.uk/customer/our-partners

• 7 months later...
On 1/11/2020 at 7:33 AM, Canti1982 said:

So I tried replacing the Ifi psu with the stock 5v supply from Allo and I'm still having issues with some hi-res content. I'm still getting dropouts.

Replace the clean side with the stock 5v. If it is a power issue then the issue will be on the clean side. 

Unless something has changed since I received my Sig some months ago there is _no_ indication of power issue from the clean side.