IGNORED

Step by step surgery

• 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, fas42 said:

Step by step ... the first litigation in the Lion Air crash, against Boeing, has been launched, and pilots associations are having a barney, with each other, about the matter ... hang on, we're in for a bumpy ride, ^_^.

Who said systems were straightforward to get, just right :) ...

Your use of this tragedy as just more way to push your ideas is appalling.

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

11 minutes ago, fas42 said:

If you want to go down that route ... I'm appalled that countries like the USA allow essentially unrestricted access to high powered weapons, which leads to regular massacres of innocents at far greater rates than any other country - if there's a buck in it, as in the powerful gun industry which has such influence in that country, then all bets are off.

No idea how this relates to my point.

• 1 year later...
19 minutes ago, fas42 said:

Unfortunately, I'm not a natural business man - I'm an ideas person, and have always been that way - and that translated to not being that 'comfortable', these days; for a number of reasons.

Someone recently told me that it is important to be able to understand where there is something not quite right, and then be smart about trying things, to resolve what troubles you.

44 minutes ago, fas42 said:

Could a good example of this be a person always being a smart arse, and never realising that it's somewhat offensive; and wondering why people react in a negative manner to their behaviour ... ?

All three clauses of your sentence are untrue. 

59 minutes ago, fas42 said:

To repeat, I have been amazed at times how much information is there in the oldest, most primitive recordings - the nuances are there, the clues about the acoustics have been caught - I have had many 100 year old recordings pumping out at maximum volume, and all the vibe of what happened, back then, in the recording space comes through with full force ... quite remarkable ...

You have fallen into the intellectual trap described in this article:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Survivorship_bias

2 minutes ago, fas42 said:

No. I can listen to an ancient recording on a normal setup, and it sounds truly awful - a cartoon, nothing to do with real musicians, a Disney nonsense - the difference when it is replayed well is quite dramatic.

Swing and a miss!

Perhaps actually read the article and think about how it applies to your example.

20 minutes ago, fas42 said:

Yes. All the microphone has to do is produce an electrical signal, in a very simple mechanical to electrical contrivance, and then pass then on to some type of recording mechanism - a USB microphone is a perfect example of how easy, how compact that can be.

You have conveniently "forgotten" about all human issues George mentioned that make a big difference when it comes to final recording quality.

14 minutes ago, sandyk said:

Governments rarely even get involved in Medical Research either, leaving that to big corporations etc. even though it would benefit the whole country for them to fund more research in specific areas where many of their Tax Dollars are needed to support their hospitals.

Did you know that NIH is the largest public funder of biomedical research in the world, investing more than $32 billion a year to enhance life, and reduce illness and disability? 

https://www.nih.gov/grants-funding

• 1 month later...
21 minutes ago, fas42 said:

You miss the point ... I want to watch TV, and not be disturbed by the visual contradictions of the colour in the image. Let's take a specific example - our current PM is being shown a lot, for some strange reason 😁, and the colour of his face is different in every situation - just this morning he was being interviewed, and his skin tone was very pink - why? Because the lighting and background were strongly in that direction, you could pick that every element on the screen was pushed in that direction. He has also been greeny yellow, red, orange, and even at times, gasp!, 'natural'. And each time the lighting of the scene obviously was directed in those particular directions - his skin tone matched what everything else in the frame strongly signaled.

I don't expect the TV image to be "correct" - but I expect everything in that image to correlate with what my memory tells me how colours alter, depending upon the lighting conditions.

I'm confused as to why you're not following the same procedure that you use with your audio equipment.

Open that sucker up and start replacing everything inside that is degrading signal quality! 

Eventually your PM's skin tone will be totally natural regardless of how's it's been captured on camera.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

11 hours ago, opus101 said:

Are you a sock puppet for @March Audio by any chance?

That doesn't even make sense. How can someone be a sockpuppet for themselves?

1 minute ago, fas42 said:

Missing the point, yet again. What listening to the recording does is take you to the moment when you were at the live event - all the cues are present for your mind to take you to that place, because it triggers your memory of the situation ... if you were never at that precise event, the next best thing is that listening to the recording of some music making triggers a powerful connection to the sense of the vibrancy and art of the musicians - because you have so much hearing of that in your life. Most audio playback fails to deliver that - it's a cardboard cutout of what the energy of the music was like; and still is, on the recording. The job of a 'sorted' setup is to get the presentation over the line - that's the point of going to that extra effort ...

I understand the claim. I just don't believe it. 

18 minutes ago, fas42 said:

The March Audio moth emerges from its pupa ...

Really? He seems the same as before.

13 minutes ago, fas42 said:

Hmmm ... so, you never saw Jaroyd, or whatever it was, as the poster?

Interesting. I've been busy today so never noticed until you mentioned it.

The original posts are from him but the name Jaroyd appears in your quoted posts. The user Jaroyd seems to longer exist. I'm guessing he came back under a different account and then Chris edited the posts to match the original account name.

The fact @opus101 cares this much about what he does is quite creepy though.

14 minutes ago, fas42 said:

Okay, what was the most overwhelming moment of listening to an audio system, any audio system, at some point in your life of being interested in hifi ... and why?

What

September 1979. First year of university. Buddy's LP of Darkness on the Edge on a crappy portable stereo.

Why

The music. It's all about the music, man.