IGNORED

Step by step surgery

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

ok....  microphones don't need to be perfect or have zero diaphragm inertia, but the inertia does need to be sufficiently small so as to follow the musical waveform (instruments have inertia too BTW)

... and to follow it so closely that human ears cannot detect any difference between it and a perfect mic

as an example of the latter, consider that many components of the ar have inertia...

1 hour ago, gmgraves said:

While I agree with you mostly, Alex, science has nothing to do with impressions that audiophiles form about this or that tweak such as audiophile fuses, thousand dollar mains cords that weigh more than the component that they are connected to, or 2-meter or shorter interconnects which purport to change the sound of one’s system, when science not only says that these things cannot be, but actually has no explanation as to why these things even “might” be real. It seems to me that this is more a case where mythology moves on rather than science...

There really isn't any new science relevant to sound reproduction.

Alex is trying to create a mythology that can move on

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Archimago said:

let's say that the drivers themselves have reached a level of quality where distortion is low enough and generally the frequency reproduction and dispersion patterns are good enough that ...

I had no idea Frank was using these

Plasmatronics Helium tweeter.jpg