IGNORED

Lush^2 - Share your configuration experiences

5 hours ago, lasker98 said:

Interesting about the different default config your Blaxius shipped with. I may give that a try as well. I'm in the same situation with difficult access to the cable ends compounded by the added difficulty of the stiffness of the cable itself.

As far as what [W]-Y + B-R means, I'll use this picture posted earlier by Peter to try and explain. In his pic below, its configured with A: B-W & Y-R. On the connector, if the pin with the red dot is considered pin 1, then pins 1-4 are all connected together and pins 5-6 are connected to each other but NOT to any of pins 1-4. So B is connected to pin 1 and W is connected to pin 2 with jumper connected to pins 3-4. Y is connected to pin 5 and R is connected to pin 6. Anything connected to pins 5 or 6 is shown after & (as peter wrote) or + as I wrote. I guess I should have just used & as well to be consistent.

So to get [W]-Y + B-R, you would connect Y to pin 1 (since W is always connected), B to pin 5 and R to pin 6. I hope this is what you were asking about.

In response to Peter posting the picture of the PNF configuration, I tried it again. It lasted 20 minutes. Parts of the mid-range sound attenuated here with PNF. Restoration of the default configuration makes it all right again. With PNF there is definitely a nice increase in presence in some tracks, but other things are missing. The default configuration improves everything. YMMV of course.

Pareto Audio aka nuckleheadaudio

7 hours ago, lmitche said:

Parts of the mid-range sound attenuated here with PNF.

At least it is true that it is all about frequency ranges bringing forward, or suppressed. But in a sneaky way, any EQ wouldn't be able to.

Lush^3-e      Lush^2      Blaxius^2.5      Ethernet^3     HDMI^2     XLR^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)

14 hours ago, lasker98 said:

As far as what [W]-Y + B-R means.....

So to get [W]-Y + B-R, you would connect Y to pin 1 (since W is always connected), B to pin 5 and R to pin 6. I hope this is what you were asking about.

It's only the -Y bit that doesn't make sense to me.

If I read it logically, then Y is connected to W (which is always permanently connected to ground). And B is connected to R, but B is ground as well, so Y is in effect connected to B and R. So you could have written this as [W]B-R-Y (which is the new shipped default).

OTOH, If I understood your pin description, then you've added Y to pin1, which isn't connected to anything (because W is internally connected),  so Y may as well be floating in air. So in effect you have A: [W] B-R

What fun this is 🙂

57 minutes ago, TheAttorney said:

What fun this is 🙂

Because it is hard for myself to follow, here the configuration for the Blaxius^2-D, shipped from of November 7, 2018 and as printed on the withgoing paper:
Shipped (for Digital) with : A:[W]B-R, B:[W]B-R

Then from of February, 1 2019, it became this:

Shipped (for Digital) with : A:[W]B-Y-R, B:[W]Y-R

... and something has to be wrong with the latter one. Or with all of them. swoon.gif.866aa7d306506d1a5f0160a111979edc.gif

I mean with the notation, not with the cables.

B is the output and for the digital cable this is always ground as well.

B is also the input, or else there can't exist a ground connection.

What connected in fixed fashion is B to W and this is done at both ends. W is invisible, but internally it is thus there. This is why the [W] notation.

Without further shields, it would be :

A:[W]B, B:[W]B.

This is thus the minimum.

Back to the config shipped per November 2018:

Shipped (for Digital) with : A:[W]B-R, B:[W]B-R

Nothing wrong here because the minimum is in here. But at both ends the R shield (outer most) is also connected.

Now the one from February 2019:

Wrong, because the minimum is not in there. It should be:

Shipped (for Digital) with : A:[W]B-Y-R, B:[W]B-Y-R

(all shields connected at both ends)

Next pair goes out Monday; anyone receiving them after today can be assured that the withgoing paper reflects this properly now.

Now, on to the next mistake ...

XXHighEnd (developer)

4 hours ago, PeterSt said:

At least it is true that it is all about frequency ranges bringing forward, or suppressed. But in a sneaky way, any EQ wouldn't be able to.

Yes, the improved sound source appears to be in the same frequency range as the source that is surpressed. This is a bit of a head scratcher and must be the result in a change in timing due to the new shield configuration of the cable.

Anyway, it still doesn't sound natural to my ears.

2 minutes ago, lmitche said:

Anyway, it still doesn't sound natural to my ears.

Larry, which configuration are you now talking about ? And btw, is this with an original Lush^2 ?

Thanks, Peter

XXHighEnd (developer)

17 minutes ago, PeterSt said:

Larry, which configuration are you now talking about ? And btw, is this with an original Lush^2 ?

Thanks, Peter

Peter, I was responding to your comment about my PNF experience from yesterday. Yes this is with an original .4 meter Lush2 configured as PNF.

You are right, I have "THE ORIGINAL JSSG USB 360 Lush" cable here as well configured in a Lush2 default shield configuration.

Sorry for all the confusion. First, my post attempting to explain in response to TheAttorney using the picture Peter posted in an earlier post got messed up somehow. My response somehow got inserted in the quoted portion from Peter's original post with the picture, which I see could easily make it appear that response was from Peter.

Second, because my understanding is that with the Blaxius^2 digital cable, W is always connected at each end, then with no other wires connected at the connectors, meaning black, red and yellow are not connected to the connector, then this would be described as A: W, B:W. or as Peter has shown for Blaxius^2, A:[W], B:[W]. So to get the PNF^2 configuration of A: W-Y&B-R,  I assumed since W is always connected, and from looking at the printout showing different configurations that came with the Blaxius^2, which appears to show W as always connected to the first 4 pin portion of the connector, then connecting Y to one of the first 4 pins would be the same as A:W-Y or as Peter uses, A:[W]-Y. In actuality all I've done is connect Yellow (Y) to one of the first 4 pins. I have no idea electrically how this is actually connected.

I hope this helps explain my thinking with showing [W]-Y. As far as Peter talking about B also always being connected, or necessary to be connected, this is the first time I've heard or seen this mentioned. It definitely wasn't mentioned in the included printout I received with my Blaxius^2.

😵

2 hours ago, PeterSt said:

Now the one from February 2019:

Wrong, because the minimum is not in there. It should be:

Shipped (for Digital) with : A:[W]B-Y-R, B:[W]B-Y-R

(all shields connected at both ends)

Incredible as it may sound, I think you've just made it even more compliated than it already was 🙃

I think your first description   A:[W]B-Y-R, B:[W]Y-R    was correct, as that is how the leads are connected (with B connected at source end and loose at destination). So Y and R are connected to each other and ground at source, but connected only to each other at destination. Nothing wrong with this, because W is always connected as the ground, and it works fine with HMS to DAVE.

With your next shipment, you will now link B to Y and R, which is also fine BUT IS DIFFERENT to the Feb 2019 setting, so you will be changing the sound signature of your default, which I don't think you intended.

If I've got this wrong, then please, please do a full diagram specifically for the ^2D, so that we can see exactly how the W and B wires relate to each other

Dear people,

These are both A sides, so please envision that one is the B side (take the right-hand one for that).

image.png.c479545e3c1b9e9eae49d13888e15927.png

This is the: Shipped (for Digital) with : A:[W]B-R, B:[W]B-R

The Black is always connected to the output. This is so with each ^2 cable. Normally if you want to connect the Inner shield to the output, B(lack) must connect to W(hite). In the ^2-D case, this has been done internally. Thus actually B-W. We could denote this as B-[W] and in practice we do this as [W]B. Connect the Red to it as well and we have [W]B-R.

Stop reading here because you just understood. 9_9

The unfortunate "necessity" to also use the [W] springs from the fact that we also have the analogue application which allows for more "loose" shielding (does not work for the M Scaler) and which re-introduces the White optional connection (Inner Shield) as per the Lush^2:

image.png.49d7621447dfc69cbd47e84a9ab4440e.png

In my view, not mentioning the [W] for the ^2-D version would make less clear what actually happens, once you have both versions (or a Blaxius ^2-D and Lush^2).

With this, it is also to be kept in mind that we may use a same Chain from head to tail. This means that for example for a feeding Lush^2 you'd need to make it B-W-R (no difference with [W]B-R or B-[W]-R for clarity of understanding). If only the W shield was not there ... but it just is.

I told you to stop reading !

Shall we then now proceed with the ET^2 and HDMI^2 ?

image.png.65344317775ef3447c989cc12bc20b77.png

image.png.367842b888ea29e72a8bc054171e4200.png

More perceived dimensions. Still the same yet still a tad different again for understandings.

I again hope that this post is without mistakes ...

XXHighEnd (developer)

I have one I thought I’d share I been listening to this one for a while now 2 months or so...,

A: BWY B:BWY

The connectors black tabs need to be connected with pin 3&4 together pin 5 flipped so the black tab is flesh against the tab that connects pins 3&4.

The immediacy of the sound and how well it handles the higher frequencies with no smearing or buzzing is incredible.  Music has a lushness that draws you in and it’s also very detailed.  The main thing I’m hearing is the air around everything is very unique in which I haven’t heard anything quite like it.

FEE3775D-0C6B-49F7-B0D6-6C40CD1FF65D.jpeg

B96B483B-4FA6-41EB-AE28-AEAE49564717.jpeg

11 hours ago, kurb1980 said:

I have one I thought I’d share I been listening to this one for a while now 2 months or so...,

A: BWY B:BWY

The connectors black tabs need to be connected with pin 3&4 together pin 5 flipped so the black tab is flesh against the tab that connects pins 3&4.

The immediacy of the sound and how well it handles the higher frequencies with no smearing or buzzing is incredible.  Music has a lushness that draws you in and it’s also very detailed.  The main thing I’m hearing is the air around everything is very unique in which I haven’t heard anything quite like it.

FEE3775D-0C6B-49F7-B0D6-6C40CD1FF65D.jpeg

B96B483B-4FA6-41EB-AE28-AEAE49564717.jpeg

Maybe I'm being dense, but don't you mean pin 4&5 with pin 6 flipped, not pins 3&4, with pin 5 Flipped as stated below?

"The connectors black tabs need to be connected with pin 3&4 together pin 5 flipped so the black tab is flesh against the tab that connects pins 3&4."

Do you really think the configuration of the unused connectors makes a difference to SQ? Or is this just a convenient way to store the connectors?

12 hours ago, kurb1980 said:

Indeed, according to the photo that would be pin 4&5.

10 minutes ago, lmitche said:

Do you really think the configuration of the unused connectors makes a difference to SQ? Or is this just a convenient way to store the connectors?

Although I never tried it, I am afraid kurb is right; this can electrically make a difference. I already knew that but thought it would be too far out. So what happens with this is that the connector is extended somewhat, like for the width if of a jumper (6mm or so - see picture). Because this actually extends the shields - read: antenna area, this small piece more could now capture present radiation. You could even remove the now sideways sitting jumper (leave the one on 4-5 be !) and connect a crocodile wire to pin 6; thus, if the extension of this 6mm makes a difference, then now you'll extend it with a foot or so of antenna wire and it should be way more audible.

Btw, this would be such odd stuff that I'd like to stay away from this for a while, just like I stayed away from it in the first place.

XXHighEnd (developer)

On 16-6-2019 at 18:43, kurb1980 said:

Ik hoorde een verschil dat je ze kunt ruilen voor jezelf?  

Hi Curb can you make a diagram or drawing? Don't know what you mean the extra contacts.

Kii Three / Kii Control / Lush 3 Uptone Iso Regen-Farad super 3 / OpticalRendu Farad super 3 / Etherregen / Roon Rock-Farad super 3

6 hours ago, simonp said:

Hi Curb can you make a diagram or drawing? Don't know what you mean the extra contacts.

image.png.f2157ff2db2df346e4cc2bf2a3cd0e0e.png

Take off / put on that jumper you see at the mouse pointer.

PS:

6 hours ago, simonp said:

Ik hoorde een verschil dat je ze kunt ruilen voor jezelf?  

AI at work ? o.O

XXHighEnd (developer)

• 2 weeks later...

Back at it again..,okay this one sounds very nice, best I have heard so far.  The smooth treble response and timbre I feel like I can hear a distinctness and even hidden details I didn’t notice before.  Vocals sound especially pleasing and the breathe “air” is refined.  This one sounds darn good with my hd800’s!  See my picture to get the configuration?

95C35DBC-03B6-4D51-AFEA-C8BB1DF3377A.jpeg

F1F0C330-F00A-4B12-B1FD-0AE08AAD7DC8.jpeg

18 hours ago, jabbr said:

When is the Lush AISG coming out?

What does AISG mean?

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's