IGNORED

Lush^2 - Share your configuration experiences

PN^2F

Meitner ma1 v2 dac,  Sovereign preamp and power amp,

DIY speakers, scan speak illuminator.

Raal Requisite VM-1a -> SR-1a with Accurate Sound convolution.

Under development:

NUC7i7dnbe, Euphony Stylus, Qobuz.

Modded Buffalo-fiber-EtherRegen, DC3- Isoregen, Lush^2

Mmmmm this A: B-R, Y-W B: B-R sounds really nice. I was on A: B-Y, R-W B: B-Y which was a toned down version of PNF, good bass definition, less hf energy. 

This one seems to be in between PNF and A: B-Y....... with the hf energy, nice bass and mids and more spatially from left/right, up/down and depth. ( seems to have the best Balance of the 3)

I have to go back to PNF to check but that’s for later it is bedtime.

Under development:

Tried A: B-R, Y-W B: B-R, Y-W for about 20 seconds but there is something wrong in the mids with that config.

Under development:

2 hours ago, lmitche said:

I tried PNF and later PNF^2 but the clarity and transients of the default A:B-W-Y-R, B:B-W-R can't be beat musically with both cables before and after the USB REGEN.

Agree there’s an incredible “rightness” to most everything with the default config.

Will see/hear how well the “newest” wears. 

22 hours ago, lmitche said:

I tried PNF and later PNF^2 but the clarity and transients of the default A:B-W-Y-R, B:B-W-R can't be beat musically with both cables before and after the USB REGEN.

Of course you mean ISO REGEN (not the original USB REGEN). 9_9

Now Larry, after all your tweaking of my NUC this past week, I'll have to go back and listen to the default Lush^2 config, PNF, and now PNF^2.

Crazy how different the first two sounded (from the way Peter shipped my cable so long ago: A: B-Y & W-R, B: B-Y) when I tried a couple of weeks ago.  Initially they both sounded very wrong to me, yet after a while they made more sense (in both senses of the word).

Fun stuff.

We have to be careful not to repeat ourselves, read from post 104, that is PNF right?

@PeterSt maybe you make a blue header like in the “massive” thread with the best configurations too date. Or a post 1 index with all the documented configurations that would be even better.👍

Under development:

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/8/2019 at 10:22 AM, Doak said:

Re:  A: B-R, Y-W B: B-

Vivid across the entire frequency spectrum, though not overbearing. 

IMO a great addition to the top configs. 

My thanks to its “discoverer” TJHUB. 👍

I completely agree... just got a chance to compare the above vs. PNF. I went back and forth several times, and on my system this new configuration reveals more top-end detail w/o sacrificing mid-range or bass and has become my new favorite.

Thank you @TJHUB.

I still use that (A: B-R & W-Y, B: B-R). And assumed people follow my posts in this thread ... I went back to my regular Xeon processor (AKA 14/28) and it only got better from it.

The otherwise rounded square sound for suitable music now turned into palpable square (go figure). Yesterday I played a favorite Infected Mushroom and besides I didn't even recognize it any more (not for each of the 6 or so "demo" tracks I keep of it) it was all the most literally beautiful. This with a freshness and sparkle previously unknown and what keeps on occurring is the ever so nicely "splashing" of cymbals this now shows.
I just wrote in my notes that all these (3) weeks I haven't had one annoying moment.

Probably we will find a better configuration at some stage, possibly it is finally personal, but this one stays in for now.

No, I did not make a picture (yet). :|

Lush^3-e      Lush^2      Blaxius^2.5      Ethernet^3     HDMI^2     XLR^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/1/2019 at 9:43 PM, TJHUB said:

Setup of the cable as A:B-R+W-Y  B:B-R

This was even better!  It's like I got more of everything from the previous configuration.  The sense of depth and dimension is fantastic, and imaging was more spacial with singers and instruments having 3D sides to them.  Everything sounds very balanced top to bottom, and tone and texture is also fantastic.  There is a noticeable increase in clarity and micro-detail.  Music just appears as if from nowhere.  Very nice!  So why not try something else?

Thanks so much TJHUB for experimenting and sharing this setup, changed to it yesterday and I love it! 👍🏻

Now, I use Windows Server 2019 Core + the new AO3.0 + a "new for me" JCAT NET Card FEMTO.

I consider that the Burn-in of the 2 X Lush^2 and JCAT Net Card is "over".

I also change from PNF to A:B-R+W-Y  B:B-R  on the 2 Lush^2.

I'm very very satisfied with this punchy and in the same time relax SQ.

More detail about the full audio system at: https://audiophilestyle.com/profile/30314-gato/?tab=field_core_pfield_3

Always using Windows Server 2019 Core + AO3.0 + JCAT NET Card FEMTO.
After Burn-in of 2 X Lush^2 and JCAT Net Card, now I consider that the Burn-in of the Blaxius^2 Interlink 75 Ohm (audio RCA used) is over too.
I return from "A:B-R+W-Y  B:B-R" to PNF on the 2 Lush^2: more natural sounding on my system.

To be noted: Blaxius^2: A:B-R-W+Y   B:B-R-W+Y: Wide soundstage
More detail at: https://audiophilestyle.com/profile/30314-gato/?tab=field_core_pfield_3

2 hours ago, Gato said:

I return from "A:B-R+W-Y  B:B-R" to PNF on the 2 Lush^2: more natural sounding on my system.

Of what I notice, you are not alone on that one. Because of this I myself started tweaking in other areas (mainly software settings in the AO realm, although I don't use that and XXHighEnd instead) - just because I can "hear" that 

A:B-R+W-Y, B:B-R is the better one. "Better": with less distortion. But is also is more demanding on the system.

Now the funny thing:

My first attempt on improvement gives me ... more natural sound.

This must make you right, no matter it's only you and me contributing to the statistics. ;)

So I will hold on for a while.

XXHighEnd (developer)

Blaxius^2

2 hours ago, Gato said:

To be noted: Blaxius^2: A:B-R-W+Y   B:B-R-W+Y: Wide soundstage

Very nice to see someone reporting on the Blaxius^2. Of course I realize that I did not start a dedicated thread for it because it could be too much of it in A/S. Meanwhile, however, people ask me daily (last one a few hours ago) whether there's a thread for the Blaxius^2 somewhere.

I think that everybody owning the Blaxius^2 now (whether the analogue version or the digital version dedicated for the M Scaler) also knows about the Lush or Lush^2 so I suppose it could be a reasonable idea that people post their findings in this thread about the Blaxius^2 or Blaxius^2-D just the same. The more this happens, the more people benefit. And t.b.h. you are - I think - the first to come up with a configuration for the Blaxius^2 from own finding, which also means that I myself don't even try others. Now I have one to try ... and it even relates to the Lush^2.

(I myself keep notes on the combinations of Lush^2 and Blaxius^2, but it may drive you crazy if "just trying" so all the help is welcomed)

Btw, Gato, because I don't know who you are in real life, I can't tell whether you use the Analogue version, maybe even twice in digital operation:

image.png.551c91886a3ded1af4c88a9db50b6a95.png

Or whether you use the Blaxius^2-D, also "double" (because you bought two, which I can't see because most go in a pair (M Scaler)).

I hope this is not too confusing for people, but the Blaxius^2-D emerged for the M Scaler indeed, not because else it would not be able to do SPDIF (the normal Blaxius^2 is just fine with that) but because the M Scaler in particular does not like the triple shielding without one shield being fixed. So the -D version is a kind of on the safe side for digital applications, the M Scaler in particular. And the mere technical outlay: it is expected that the somewhat higher frequency of two (very) adjacent SPDIF cables (the outer sides only a few mm apart) influence each other at the highest SPDIF speed per single cable (32/768). And in that case: no handshake.

XXHighEnd (developer)

2 hours ago, PeterSt said:

Blaxius^2

Very nice to see someone reporting on the Blaxius^2. Of course I realize that I did not start a dedicated thread for it because it could be too much of it in A/S. Meanwhile, however, people ask me daily (last one a few hours ago) whether there's a thread for the Blaxius^2 somewhere.

I think that everybody owning the Blaxius^2 now (whether the analogue version or the digital version dedicated for the M Scaler) also knows about the Lush or Lush^2 so I suppose it could be a reasonable idea that people post their findings in this thread about the Blaxius^2 or Blaxius^2-D just the same. The more this happens, the more people benefit. And t.b.h. you are - I think - the first to come up with a configuration for the Blaxius^2 from own finding, which also means that I myself don't even try others. Now I have one to try ... and it even relates to the Lush^2.

(I myself keep notes on the combinations of Lush^2 and Blaxius^2, but it may drive you crazy if "just trying" so all the help is welcomed)

Btw, Gato, because I don't know who you are in real life, I can't tell whether you use the Analogue version, maybe even twice in digital operation:

image.png.551c91886a3ded1af4c88a9db50b6a95.png

Or whether you use the Blaxius^2-D, also "double" (because you bought two, which I can't see because most go in a pair (M Scaler)).

I hope this is not too confusing for people, but the Blaxius^2-D emerged for the M Scaler indeed, not because else it would not be able to do SPDIF (the normal Blaxius^2 is just fine with that) but because the M Scaler in particular does not like the triple shielding without one shield being fixed. So the -D version is a kind of on the safe side for digital applications, the M Scaler in particular. And the mere technical outlay: it is expected that the somewhat higher frequency of two (very) adjacent SPDIF cables (the outer sides only a few mm apart) influence each other at the highest SPDIF speed per single cable (32/768). And in that case: no handshake.

Hi Peter,

At Phasure, it was ORDER #NL11354, 17 May 2019: Blaxius^2 Interlink 75 Ohm (pair) × 1 with RCA to BNC adapters.

23 hours ago, lasker98 said:

I've been using the Blaxius^2 with the as received A: [W] B-R, B: [W] B-R config. I've been very happy with the combination of these two cables. ......

Just to clarify, my Blaxius^2 is [now] configured as A: [W]-Y + B-R, B: [W] B-R.

Happy to see posts about Blaxius^2 now. I've wondered how many people are using them and why no posts about different configurations.

My Blaxius^2D pair arrived with A:[W} B-Y-R, B:[W] Y-R   which I think is a later default than yours. Anyway I've been blown away by the SQ of this between my HMS and DAVE, and I've briefly sung its praises over at head-fi, which may, or may not, be partly why Peter is getting more interest. I haven't tried any other config, partly because the cables are so stiff and difficult to reach in my hifi rack.

I may have a go at your new config, but I don't understand what [W]-Y + B-R means. In the meantime, you may wish to try the new default as well.

Shame that the Blaxius is so stiff - makes it difficult to fit when components are close together. If Peter could come up with a more flexible vesrion (and a bit thinner too), then he would have a world beater.

1 hour ago, TheAttorney said:

I don't understand what [W]-Y + B-R means.

The [W] in there means that it is a mandatory (internal) connection. It would compare to the normal Blaxius^2 (for analogue application) if the W would be connected to the output as in B-W. 

How a [W]-Y translates to that, I must think about myself for a minute. Haha. But it would compare to B-Y, I'd say. As in 

On 6/12/2019 at 6:31 PM, lasker98 said:

A: [W] B-R, B: [W] B-R

And I won't blame anyone for making mistakes on this. I make them all the time myself. Over here we would say "this is nothing for a white man" (nothing negative in it - just saying).

@TheAttorney, Thank you too, for sharing.

XXHighEnd (developer)

On 4/16/2019 at 12:32 PM, PeterSt said:

Interesting about the different default config your Blaxius shipped with. I may give that a try as well. I'm in the same situation with difficult access to the cable ends compounded by the added difficulty of the stiffness of the cable itself.

As far as what [W]-Y + B-R means, I'll use this picture posted earlier by Peter to try and explain. In his pic below, its configured with A: B-W & Y-R. On the connector, if the pin with the red dot is considered pin 1, then pins 1-4 are all connected together and pins 5-6 are connected to each other but NOT to any of pins 1-4. So B is connected to pin 1 and W is connected to pin 2 with jumper connected to pins 3-4. Y is connected to pin 5 and R is connected to pin 6. Anything connected to pins 5 or 6 is shown after & (as peter wrote) or + as I wrote. I guess I should have just used & as well to be consistent.

So to get [W]-Y + B-R, you would connect Y to pin 1 (since W is always connected), B to pin 5 and R to pin 6. I hope this is what you were asking about.

Many people ask for a photo of

A: B-W & Y-R, B: B-W

AKA "PNF". So here it is:

DSC01032a.JPG.dad1d0a6fb009c869c1ca696d667340b.JPG