IGNORED

Lush^2 - Share your configuration experiences

On ‎9‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 1:04 AM, PeterSt said:

Haha on the first question. 9_9 All those people who were using the Intona and 2x Clairixa, replaced that with 1x Lush^1. But hard to track down for real merits.

Personally I would try to avoid the Intona because in the end is bears a kind of "processing" sound. But, this could be personal again.

Difficult !

I don't use the Intona's 5V output. 5V USB power is provided to a Schiit Eitr by an Uptone Ultracap LPS-1. In my system, Intona + Eitr clearly sound better than Eitr or Intona alone. And I think the combo sounds better than Uptone ISO Regen (with Silanna ICE08USB), with or without Eitr..  Anyway, I must say that I'm rather skeptical about a USB cable improving SQ in my particular setup, but I may try a Lush^2.. 9_9

3 hours ago, davide256 said:

Received the Lush2 today with new preset shield wiring, swapped it around with the USPCB connectors both to and from ISO Regen, biggest difference was using it to replace USPCB from ISO Regen to Eitr. Very nice change, initial impression was that somehow volume had been boosted, then after more listening realized that tone color and leading edge transients were just more solid, better articulated. Enjoying this change immensely, well worth the cost.

Oké, no detail lost replacing the uspcb?

Wich lenght did you order?

Kii Three / Kii Control / Lush 3 Uptone Iso Regen-Farad super 3 / OpticalRendu Farad super 3 / Etherregen / Roon Rock-Farad super 3

7 hours ago, simonp said:

Oké, no detail lost replacing the uspcb?

Wich lenght did you order?

The Lush2 with latest shipped wiring scheme passes  more information than the USPCB for leading edge transients and tone color accuracy. I can finally hear good attack on snare drum taps and back ground instruments are sharper. I've been disappointed with cables like WW Starlight, Vertere DFi, and Supra compared to USPCB that were 2~3x the USPCB cost...the Lush2 is clearly better than USPCB  at 7x the cost. Got the .4m length as the digital components and PS's only take up one  audio shelf. It's a bit stiff, had to rearrange components so that no torque was applied to USB sockets

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

A question to those who have tried different lengths of the Lush^2, have you noticed any difference in sound between the different lengths with the same ‘setting’?  I could use either a 70cm or a 1m cable and am just wondering if that 30cm difference can be heard in any way.  I have read about differences being heard with different lengths of other cables.

Zenith SE > USPCB (5v off) > tX-USBultra 9V (SR4) > Sablon Reserva Elite USB > M Scaler > WAVE Stream bnc > DAVE > Prion4/Lazuli Reference > Utopia/LCD-4/HE1000se

17 minutes ago, str-1 said:

A question to those who have tried different lengths of the Lush^2, have you noticed any difference in sound between the different lengths with the same ‘setting’?  I could use either a 70cm or a 1m cable and am just wondering if that 30cm difference can be heard in any way.  I have read about differences being heard with different lengths of other cables.

Some folks think that coax S/PDIF cables can suffer from internal reflections. Something to do with sine wave length. I'm not an electronics expert on these things, but I did have an experience where a .5M 75Ω Canare cable seemed to transmit more noise than the identical 1M cable in a setup from a tube amp to a DAC. For coax S/PDIF, the ideal length is recommended 1M to 1.5M.

I can't imagine anyone here could claim to hear a difference that you describe with a USB cable. I would go with the longer cable to simply allow for more flexibility, notwithstanding the presumably higher cost, since someone mentioned that these cables are stiff.

9 minutes ago, austinpop said:

With all the rain we've had here in Austin, I've had all kinds of critters crawling out of the wood work. Case in point, here's a pair I caught slithering around my deck:

uuBWgmQNRUOOey9fRYO4ZW3qelF52mjYSRpGRT8a

The upper one is a Dutch Lush^2, new to these parts, while the lower one is a grizzled veteran JSSG 360 Lush^1, with a few battle scars. :D 

Burn in has begun.

Careful @austinpop they look highly poisonous. ☠️?

Rick ?

Meitner ma1 v2 dac,  Sovereign preamp and power amp,

DIY speakers, scan speak illuminator.

Raal Requisite VM-1a -> SR-1a with Accurate Sound convolution.

Under development:

NUC7i7dnbe, Euphony Stylus, Qobuz.

Modded Buffalo-fiber-EtherRegen, DC3- Isoregen, Lush^2

31 minutes ago, RickyV said:

Rick ?

Nope - any self respecting Texan will tell you:

• Red touch black, friend of Jack
  • Red touch yellow, kills a fellow . :)

So my JSSG 360 Lush^1 is harmless. Speaking of red on yellow, those are coral snakes in Central TX, and we've seen a couple this year and last, just wandering around our 'hood. Luckily, they're very shy, so it takes a lot to get bitten by one.

image.png

Warning: do not use as USB cable!

42 minutes ago, RickyV said:

Beware of Mad Cable Disease.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

Hmm ... it seems that we have a small problem at hand with one of the suppliers of a mere unique raw material for the cable. Well, not really unique, but with properties which can change when ordered from another supplier (manufacturer). I forbid this (we must all have the very same cable).

We consumed this product in full from their stock (spread over 3 orders) and our latest order can't be met. Today for the second day they tell me that "possibly the product arrives today so hopefully we can ship it this afternoon". Even if it were true it will only arrive the upcoming week while we're already stalled for two subsequent days.

>:(

This reflects orders which were put in the shop from of the 2nd of October (2018), unless you already received a UPS shipping notice, which is so for 3 persons, as far as I can see.

My next message on this issue should be about the product being delivered and production is proceeding.

Lush^3-e      Lush^2      Blaxius^2.5      Ethernet^3     HDMI^2     XLR^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)

On 10/6/2018 at 10:37 PM, Abtr said:

I don't use the Intona's 5V output. 5V USB power is provided to a Schiit Eitr by an Uptone Ultracap LPS-1. In my system, Intona + Eitr clearly sound better than Eitr or Intona alone. And I think the combo sounds better than Uptone ISO Regen (with Silanna ICE08USB), with or without Eitr..  Anyway, I must say that I'm rather skeptical about a USB cable improving SQ in my particular setup, but I may try a Lush^2.. 9_9

I must have something wrong here. 

The normal input for the Eiter device is AC, not from a DC output ‘wallwart’ is it not?

TheUltracaps puts out a clean DC voltage. 

It is a ‘better than a battery’ replacement. 

In that you are actually using what you indicated, please tell me where I am wrong. 

Thankyou

3 hours ago, John Haines said:

I must have something wrong here. 

The normal input for the Eiter device is AC, not from a DC output ‘wallwart’ is it not?

TheUltracaps puts out a clean DC voltage. 

It is a ‘better than a battery’ replacement. 

In that you are actually using what you indicated, please tell me where I am wrong. 

Thankyou

Yes, the Eitr is powered by its 6V AC power supply. I use the 5V DC power of the LPS-1 to 'replace' the Intona's 5V USB power, at the USB input of the Eitr.  

9 hours ago, PeterSt said:

Hmm ... it seems that we have a small problem at hand with one of the suppliers of a mere unique raw material for the cable. Well, not really unique, but with properties which can change when ordered from another supplier (manufacturer). I forbid this (we must all have the very same cable).

And another interesting clue as to what "may be going on" with this cable ... ^_^.

7 hours ago, Abtr said:

Yes, the Eitr is powered by its 6V AC power supply. I use the 5V DC power of the LPS-1 to 'replace' the Intona's 5V USB power, at the USB input of the Eitr.  

Thank you. The initial post did not indicate this. You had it ‘working’ so there had to be ‘something’. 

All clear now & again thanks. 

Just 2 questions as to you users of the Lush^2

Many appear to be using it with the Uptone Regen device, (I do own the Amber & the ISO Regens with LPS 1.2)

As the recent seems very much to using with the Regen, & mainly ‘debating’ whether ‘before or after’ is preferred, (with the consensus seeming to be ‘after’ which is of course different as to it’s ‘normal’ position) with apparently some othe cable, (or connector) going ‘to’ the Regen. 

Why are you actually using the Regen?

On any other cable thread such is normally not mentioned. 

But my MAIN question is to anyone using the Lush^2 purely straight to their DAC, no Regen. 

There must surely be a lot of people using the cable in this manner. 

Can comment as to the cable used in this, (more ‘normal’) way??

37 minutes ago, Superdad said:

capturing that gloriously ugly "Phasure-yellow" color of the jacket that Peter chose to perfectly match his web site. :P

But it is a chameleon. Not a snake. Don't you see the difference with your one year old ? :o

26 minutes ago, austinpop said:

my deck needs staining

I actually wanted to make the remark that your used wood is beautiful. But thought it was a tad off topic. But alas.

I don't think that wood needs staining. But once a year waterblast it. Takes us two days only ... swoon.gif.2ff68c92e5ab1f3345b4564469832620.gif

Lush^3-e      Lush^2      Blaxius^2.5      Ethernet^3     HDMI^2     XLR^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)