IGNORED

Lush^2 - Share your configuration experiences

47 minutes ago, bluebeat said:

Indeed, black tabs,

The first 20 Lush^2 or so did not go out with tabs on the jumpers.

So they are jumpers with tabs.

Or jumpers without tabs.

:P

Lush^3-e      Lush^2      Blaxius^2.5      Ethernet^3     HDMI^2     XLR^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)

On ‎1‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 1:42 PM, PeterSt said:

So if you have the original Lush (I can't tell for your "Confused" nick)

Lush 2 just ordered - So now you know who I am .....:rolleyes:

Windows 11 PC, Roon, HQPlayer, Focus Fidelity convolutions, iFi Zen Stream, Paul Hynes SR4, Mutec REF10, Mutec MC3+USB, Devialet 1000Pro, KEF Blade.  Plus Pro-Ject Signature 12 TT for playing my 'legacy' vinyl collection. Desktop system; RME ADI-2 DAC fs, Meze Empyrean headphones.

35 minutes ago, Confused said:

So now you know who I am .....:rolleyes:

Big smile. Very nice of you. For most I don't know.

Due Wednesday. :)

Peter

Lush^3-e      Lush^2      Blaxius^2.5      Ethernet^3     HDMI^2     XLR^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)

On 1/20/2019 at 3:08 AM, AmusedToD said:

After additional testing this morning, all I can say is that A: B-W-Y-R, B: B-W-R definitely rules them all. It is the most fluid, the most effortless, with great depth and ease, without glare, without a trace of harshness. Beautiful. No wonder the majority chose this configuration.

Last night I spent several hours bouncing between three Lush^2 configurations, the above and two others, playing the first 60 seconds of the same tracks ("Blue Motel Room" by Joni Mitchell, "Goodbye Pork Pie Hat" by Jeff Beck) over and over, much to my wife's chagrin. The above is too unfocused on my system... yes it's easy on the ears but at an unacceptable cost.

I don't necessarily think A: BWR B: BW is my "ultimate" configuration, but it's the best compromise between focus and sweetness I've found so far.

4 minutes ago, FileMakerDev said:

Last night I spent several hours bouncing between three Lush^2 configurations, the above and two others, playing the first 60 seconds of the same tracks ("Blue Motel Room" by Joni Mitchell, "Goodbye Pork Pie Hat" by Jeff Beck) over and over, much to my wife's chagrin. The above is too unfocused on my system... yes it's easy on the ears but at an unacceptable cost.

I don't necessarily think A: BWR B: BW is my "ultimate" configuration, but it's the best compromise between focus and sweetness I've found so far.

It should be A: B-W & Y-R, B: B-W-R, I mistyped it initially. Please try this one and tell us what you think.

14 minutes ago, FileMakerDev said:

It is one (among many) of the virtues of Lush ^ 2, it lets you choose, through the almost infinite pinouts, the one that most satisfies your taste and match your gear!

Roch

45 minutes ago, lasker98 said:

image.png.5f1f9731cdb2582af338a1eb884dde26.png

From the image above (taken from page one of this thread) you can see the 6 pins on the end of the cable. Any wires connected to pins 1 to 4 will be connected together, such as A: B-W-Y-R, A: B-W-Y, A: B-W, etc.

Any wires connected to pins 5 and 6 are NOT connected to pins 1 to 4 as shown by the thin yellow lines below the numbered pins showing the connection configuration, so to achieve A: B-W & Y-R you would connect black and white (B-W) to any of pins 1 to 4 and connect yellow and red (Y-R) to pins 5 and 6. Ideally B and W would connect to pins 1 and 2 with the black plastic spacer connected to pins 3 and 4.

Note the red dot on the connector denoting pin 1.

Many thanks, I forgot to read again the instructions !!!

Roch

9 hours ago, AmusedToD said:

It should be A: B-W & Y-R, B: B-W-R, I mistyped it initially. Please try this one and tell us what you think.

On my system Joni's voice is about 5db louder with the above than with  A: BWR  B: BW

It's very dynamic, but I find myself cringing a little when I turn it up. The word that popped into my head in the first few seconds of listening was "Technicolor". My system is already extremely dynamic and bright (845 SET amp, NOS RCA tubes)... I can imagine that on a more laid back system the above might sound fantastic. As per my earlier comment about using one component to balance another, given that my system is aggressive, a "mellow" Lush^2 recipe is a better fit.

On 1/21/2019 at 8:22 PM, elcorso said:

It is one (among many) of the virtues of Lush ^ 2, it lets you choose, through the almost infinite pinouts, the one that most satisfies your taste and match your gear!

Roch

Actually (if I understand this correctly) there are only 225 electrically different configurations. At each end of the Lush^2 (A or B connector) there are 15 electrically distinct pinouts:  

B-W-Y-R
B-W-Y
B-W-R
B-Y-R
W-Y-R
B-W
B-Y
B-R
W-Y
W-R
Y-R
0 (no shields connected)
B-W & Y-R
B-Y & W-R
B-R & W-Y

Any other A or B configuration will be electrically equivalent to one of these 15 configurations. So with two configurable ends we have 15^2 = 225 different configurations.  

1 hour ago, Abtr said:

Actually (if I understand this correctly) there are only 225 electrically different configurations. At each end of the Lush^2 (A or B connector) there are 15 electrically distinct pinouts:  

B-W-Y-R
B-W-Y
B-W-R
B-Y-R
W-Y-R
B-W
B-Y
B-R
W-Y
W-R
Y-R
0 (no shields connected)
B-W & Y-R
B-Y & W-R
B-R & W-Y

Any other A or B configuration will be electrically equivalent to one of these 15 configurations. So with two configurable ends we have 15^2 = 225 different configurations.  

Thanks for your accuracy!

If your calculation is correct then we would have a cost less than one Euro for each possible pinout combination?

A bargain !

Roch

13 hours ago, PeterSt said:

It seems mind boggling, but it indeed it is that simple. And I changed the "specs" of Lush^2 but also Blaxius^2, ET^2 and HDMI^2 on it.

The Blaxius^2-Digital is even more disappointing :ph34r: :

You could add a fourth shield G (green). With the same 4+2 pin connector that would give 47 different electrical configurations per cable end, and 47^2 = 2209 different configurations overall B|:

B-W-Y-R
B-W-Y-G
B-W-R-G
B-Y-R-G
W-Y-R-G
B-W-Y
B-W-R
B-W-G
B-Y-R
B-Y-G
W-Y-R
W-Y-G
Y-R-G
R-G-B
B-W
B-Y
B-R
B-G
W-Y
W-R
W-G
Y-R
Y-G
0 (no shields connected)
B-W-Y & R-G
B-W-R & Y-G
B-W-G & Y-R
B-Y-R & W-G
B-Y-G & W-R
W-Y-R & B-G
W-Y-G & B-R
Y-R-G & B-W
R-G-B & W-Y
B-W & Y-R
B-W & Y-G
B-W & R-G
B-Y & W-R
B-Y & W-G
B-Y & R-G
B-R & W-Y
B-R & W-G
B-R & Y-G
B-G & W-Y
B-G & W-R
B-G & Y-R

W-Y & R-G
Y-R & W-G

12 hours ago, Abtr said:

You could add a fourth shield G (green). With the same 4+2 pin connector that would give 47 different electrical configurations per cable end, and 47^2 = 2209 different configurations overall B|:

Sort of tempting to add a 'green sheild' to my set of Blaxius^2D🤔

customer server+AudiophileOptimizer >>UltraRendu (SR4) >> Lush(JSSG360) >>> IsoRegen(SR4) >>> Lush^2 >>> blu2 >>Blaxius^2D >> Dave > HD800(SDRmod)