IGNORED

Lush^2 - Share your configuration experiences

Up to now, I always had a number of ferrite beads on my USB cables, which changed the sound a bit for better, imo, reducing audible EMI/RFI. I liked the Lush^2 from the first minute, so I did not try any ferrites in the beginning. With the JSSG 360 shielding, I also did not expect that ferrites would make any difference. Now I tried them, and surprisingly, they do make a difference. With ferrites on the Lush^2, the huge sound stage collapses. So I will not bother any more with adding ferrites. Lush^2 is great without them.

Nevertheless, I wonder, why ferrites still have an effect on the sound (for the worse) with JSSG 360 shielding in place?

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On ‎7‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 4:47 AM, kurb1980 said:

I have been tying the jumper caps in a vertical configuration meaning that I'm not connecting a jumper cap across the pins.  From what I'm hearing there is a difference if you connect the jumper caps  across the pins vs one jumper per pin.  Red wire in my system yields to bass and drums.  Yellow wire yields to treble focus on the cymbal hits "distinctness" if you will.  I been continuing to mess around in the most current config that I pictured up thread it sounds nice but I it seems to push certain frequencies further back.  I also find the soundstage to be not as wide so I'm gonna continue with tinkering around until I find one that is checking more of my boxes than not.

@kurb1980, @PeterSt, et al: Where can additional jumper caps be bought for the Lush^2 and how are they called (specification)? Thanks.

Edit: Just changed to JSSGcubed a few minutes ago. Especially soundstage depth is astonishing, imo. No obvious downside. Probably the best configuration in my setup, too. Big thanks to Kurb and Yellowblue!

9 minutes ago, Abtr said:

Did anyone try A: W-Y-R & B, B: W-Y-R & B? The black wire connections (B) should do nothing, but since some here claim that jumpers on unused pins make a difference with the JSSG360^3 configuration and Lush^2, possibly connecting the black wire (ground) to one of the 2 unused outer pins will also make a difference.

BTW, did anyone do blind listening tests with different Lush^2 configurations?       

No audible difference, imo (without blind listening test).

Btw, I use three Lush^2 USB cables in series and get the best results now with 2x JSSG360cubed (at the DAC end) and 1x PNF (A: B-W & Y-R and B: B-W) at the transport end. A configuration with all three cables with JSSG360cubed sound extremely airy, but a bit too laid-back and unengaged. PNF adds focus and energy to the picture. This configuration sounds best imo with both Meze Empyrean and Focal Utopia, whose sound signatures are quite different.

13 hours ago, PeterSt said:

@kurb1980, when you are finished with the more common settings, try this:

image.png.e36cb4387a64c1b14b1609d7d88a7a07.png

See mouse arrow; put that jumper on its other pin(-socket). Not twist 180 degrees, but move towards you so it will stick out at the other side now.

Obviously ¬¬ this will communicate with the jumper at pin-1. Under way this crosses the White and Yellow shields. Naturally swapping White and Yellow will also do a couple of things. In that case the jumper on pin-1 and the one on pin-4 could be moved to their other pin(-socket) and it could work out the same as with White on pin-2 and Yellow on pin-3 as in the photo.

I am not sure how serious I am, but this is only because I am unsure about how serious this is. If this is seriously making differences, I guess my text above is not fully rubbish. It will easily be wrong though. So it is just about bringing forward ideas how to "judge" this. Or, how to make logic out of it, instead of blindly throwing jumpers at it. Or, see how some setting could be heading for the right track.

Thank you, kurb.

Peter

The position of the jumper cap seems to matter, it really sounds different. It gets all a bit confusing for me here. Kurb's new configuration (the jumper cap should stick out on the downside in my case), is indeed great, its air is crazy. No glare, sounds both full and airy. Can it get any better? Probably not. Still not sure yet if I prefer it over Kurb's JSSG360cubed in the long run, but I really enjoy it at the moment. I am now on Kurb's new config with all three Lush^2 cables. Definitely worth trying! Big thanks again!

Btw, if someone else needs to get additional jumper caps: These are 2.54mm "standard" computer jumper caps.

4 hours ago, TheAttorney said:

So a second Lush (to replace the USPCB) is still a viable option for me. I don't think cable length has much to do with DAVE/TT2's high sensitivity to BNC connection issues (I think it's more complex than that with many variables), but I'm likely to order a 0.5M Lush because that's all I need, and I've found Lush to be much more flexible than Blaxius. 

I can recommend to replace the USPCB with a second Lush2. I did the same and never looked back.

In my case (with an A&K SP1000 as transport) however, cable length between SP1000 and ISO Regen matters. I had problems (hard to establish a connection, very infrequent losses of connection) with cables of 0.8m or longer, but not with shorter USB cables. Peter was also helpful in this matter. My small problem was not isolated to the Lush2 cable, but occured with every USB cable longer of 0.8m or longer, which I had available. The cable lenghts in the audio chain after the ISO Regen did not matter. So, in your case, going with a rather short (=0.5m) Lush2 cable between your NUC and ISO Regen could be safer.

EDIT: I have HMS & DAVE, so quite similar to your setup.

7 hours ago, Summit said:

A DAC that you can’t use any USB cables that is longer than 0,8 meter must be defect, I believe. 

Agreed. But it is not the DAC to blame, because it can handle any cable lengh I tried, as well as other USB reclockers in the chain without any problems. Problems only occur with ISO Regen in the chain (in combination with SP1000Cu as transport), but I really like the sound with ISO Regen, so I am not ready to eliminate it.

6 hours ago, lmitche said:

A:.1WYR2X B:.1WYR2X where underline is below the comb and strikethrough above.

Still very happy with A:1WY233 B:1WY233, but I will still try some other configurations over the next few days.

On 7/30/2019 at 7:25 PM, xxx1313 said:

Still very happy with A:1WY233 B:1WY233, but I will still try some other configurations over the next few days.

I tried some other configurations, but went back now on Kurb's original "JSSG360 cubed" (A:1WYR22 B:1WYR22) again. It offers the technically best sound imo (tight bass, a very large soundstage with great 3d imaging, very low noise floor). I will keep it now and enjoy listening.

A:1WY233 B:1WY233 has fuller sounding mids and a great atmosphere, so it is still a great configuration and worth a try.

• 4 weeks later...

Still on JSSG360cubed (A: xWYRxx, B: xWYRxx) with my Lush^2 cables. Soundstage is larger and better defined than with any other configeration I tried up to now. Sounds very realistic, technically excellent, with absence of digital glare, imo. I got to a similar conclusion as @TheAttorney on jumper caps. They do change the sound imo, and I like it most without jumper caps.