IGNORED

Lush^2 - Share your configuration experiences

On 8/18/2018 at 11:15 AM, PeterSt said:

All,

The past weeks a countless number of times various suggested to create a separate topic/thread for the JSSG 360 Lush. Now with the Lush^2 out, this seems to be the time.

The Lush^2 applies the JSSG 360 tweak in a formal way by means of special connectors. Here you see 10 of of 10,000 or whatever countless possibilities, the 3rd diagram on the second row only showing the original JSSG 360 application :

729091093_Comb-Examples2-Publica.thumb.png.e8d527cb92e13134be72e215736bd0d0.png

The virtual problem is that no-one will be able to try out all the combinations with some sense. Maybe after a while we may reach some consensus like (it is only a virtual example !) the middle shield always needs to be connected to both ends for the best exhibit of the cable. Maybe people with good knowledge/experience are able to tell what foremost never should be done like never leave the source connector disconnected from any shield (virtual example again !), which will eliminate 100s of possibilities.

All I can tell at this moment is that the difference between one or an other is more vast than what I have read from many of you, unless you tend not to exaggerate - haha.

And that (above) can happen just the same because of what the (special) shielding achieves. And yes, with the Lush^2 I myself have already experienced the "flabby bass" up to super umphy disco bass (both not right at all) just because I applied the wrong shielding combination / config. It is easy to have it wrong but it feels like it is more easy to have it right / for the better by random attempts. But what is the best ? And how does it relate to the PC in use ? Can we ever reach consensus ? Will it be possible to find out the technical mode and merit ?

Just discuss it is also fine; I hope the result and findings will bring us a step closer again to the best sound ever. Where possible I will try to have answers to questions as well, but do notice that I do not carry any baggage and math to show you why a certain config would work out better than the other.

Thank you all (see below),

Peter

Because the path to the JSSG 360 appliance deserves credit to @JohnSwenson, @lmitche and @austinpop but just as well to the all so many people who ordered the original Lush the past year and the really not few who applied the JSSG 360 tweak so we could get a sense of it really working - the Lush^2 is dedicated to all these people. 

Wow a new Lush cable with some special JSSG 360. Peter can my Lush be sent in to you to be upgraded or do I need to buy a new?

• 3 months later...
17 hours ago, xxx1313 said:

I can recommend to replace the USPCB with a second Lush2. I did the same and never looked back.

In my case (with an A&K SP1000 as transport) however, cable length between SP1000 and ISO Regen matters. I had problems (hard to establish a connection, very infrequent losses of connection) with cables of 0.8m or longer, but not with shorter USB cables. Peter was also helpful in this matter. My small problem was not isolated to the Lush2 cable, but occured with every USB cable longer of 0.8m or longer, which I had available. The cable lenghts in the audio chain after the ISO Regen did not matter. So, in your case, going with a rather short (=0.5m) Lush2 cable between your NUC and ISO Regen could be safer.

EDIT: I have HMS & DAVE, so quite similar to your setup.

A DAC that you can’t use any USB cables that is longer than 0,8 meter must be defect, I believe.

I can use a 1,5 meter AQ USB cable with my Chord Mojo.

14 hours ago, xxx1313 said:

Agreed. But it is not the DAC to blame, because it can handle any cable lengh I tried, as well as other USB reclockers in the chain without any problems. Problems only occur with ISO Regen in the chain (in combination with SP1000Cu as transport), but I really like the sound with ISO Regen, so I am not ready to eliminate it.

Still very happy with A:1WY233 B:1WY233, but I will still try some other configurations over the next few days.

Okay I see and it makes perfect sense that it wasn’t the Chord DAC that had issues with cables longer than 0,8 meter.   

I have had my Lush^2 for many month now and still haven’t tried any other than the stock configuration. Maybe time to see/hear if I can get even better sound than I already achieve from my stock configured Lush^2.  

16 hours ago, luisma said:

Speaking of cord, now a same brand cable for such dac 

https://audiobacon.net/2019/07/31/chord-company-launches-new-epic-usb-cable/

I know it’s confusing but we actually have two companies named Chord. We have Chord Company who makes cables while Chord Electronics makes electronic gear like the Mojo and Dave.

Chord is known to make good digital cables, thou I have never tried any myself in my audio system so can’t say for sure, and not how it would fair against Peter's cables.     

• 11 months later...
1 hour ago, ConcreteCow said:

Hi all,

Received my Lush^2 today!

Delivered within two days!! Wow!!

I have a question related to the photos attached. This is the shipped default setup recieved.

Is it correct? I see a difference on the jumpers on the B in the forum and on the enclosed printed sheet.

Did I miss an update?

Nice quality cable , a bit thicker than thought which may mean I need to re-route.

I'm a bit concerned that I may have ordered it too short at 70cm!

Haven't connected it yet as want to establish if this is the correct default as shipped to me or I need to swap things I over.

Any help appreciated as I would like to get listening.

20200703_154734.jpg

20200703_154754.jpg

The Lush^2 configuration you received is no different to how my Lush^2 was shipped (a long time ago), and more important to the jumper configuration in the picture Peter posted a few days ago.

41 minutes ago, ConcreteCow said:

Hi Summit,

Thanks for your reply.

Please have a look again at Peter's 'B' and my 'B'.

The vertical jumper of Peter's is on the outer edge whilst mine is on the inner.

Does this make a difference?

Many thanks.

Okay now I understand what you mean.  I have the same Lush^2 configuration you have.

I have never changed any of the jumpers. Let see what Peter has to say.