IGNORED

Lush^2 - Share your configuration experiences

I’m almost ready to put in an order for a Lush^2 but first would welcome some feel for how wide a range of impacts I might expect to hear from the different configurations. I’m most interested in getting a bit more detail (compared to the original Lush I already have) without losing very much of the tonal richness, but could I, for example, get close to the sound of a Curious cable if I wanted to?

Zenith SE > USPCB (5v off) > tX-USBultra 9V (SR4) > Sablon Reserva Elite USB > M Scaler > WAVE Stream bnc > DAVE > Prion4/Lazuli Reference > Utopia/LCD-4/HE1000se

• 2 weeks later...

A question to those who have tried different lengths of the Lush^2, have you noticed any difference in sound between the different lengths with the same ‘setting’?  I could use either a 70cm or a 1m cable and am just wondering if that 30cm difference can be heard in any way.  I have read about differences being heard with different lengths of other cables.

Zenith SE > USPCB (5v off) > tX-USBultra 9V (SR4) > Sablon Reserva Elite USB > M Scaler > WAVE Stream bnc > DAVE > Prion4/Lazuli Reference > Utopia/LCD-4/HE1000se

• 5 months later...
On 7/28/2019 at 2:58 PM, TheAttorney said:

An update on my 3-way USB cable comparison – from the point that I had replaced my TQ cable with Lush^2 placed before my ISORegen. On first day, the Lush was a couple of steps behind the TQ. By the second day, Lush had improved, particularly when changing the default config to JSSG360cubed.

After 5 days, I put the TQ back. So how would they compare now? Did Lush now match TQ? No it did not. It actually surpassed TQ rather comfortably! Not bad for almost 1/3 of the price.

So the Lush stays. I then replaced the USPCB with TQ, placed after the IR. Surprisingly, I preferred the USPCB – despite there being about a trillion $ price difference. The sharper sounding USPCB seemed to be letting more of Lush’s considerable detail through than the more analogue sounding TQ.

Just out of interest, and apologies if you already mentioned this further back than I’ve looked, did you originally prefer the TQ to the USPCB before the ISORegen with the VBUS on the USPCB switched off (assuming it was physically possible for you to use the USPCB in that position)?  Back when I had an ISORegen (and also now with my tX-USBultra) I found things to be cleaner with USPCB VBUS off.  It does of course have to be switched on when going into M Scaler.

1 hour ago, TheAttorney said:

From memory, I've never got VBUS=off to work, either before or after my IR, with or without HMS inserted before my DAVE DAC.

So I've never had the opportunity to see how VBUS isolation affects SQ. But even with USPCB not set to its best potential, the fact that I only slightly prefered the massively more expensive TQ shows that the USPCB can punch well above its weight - or that the TQ was underperforming in this particular setup.

Thanks.  I’ve just looked back in the ISORegen impressions thread and now think I might have been mistaken about my IR working with VBUS off.  It is nearly two years since I last used the IR (sold it some time ago) and I guess I just assumed it worked with VBUS off because my tX-U does, and it definitely sounds better that way.

• 2 months later...

@PeterStHi Peter.  In rearranging my music system I managed to disconnect some of the connections on my Lush^2.  I’ve reconnected in the way I think they were for the default A: B-W-Y-R, B: B-W-R.  Can you tell me if I’ve put things back correctly.  Thanks.

43C43987-B74F-4B95-AF4C-90FFF1261CE0.jpeg