IGNORED

Lush^2 - Share your configuration experiences

On ‎9‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 1:04 AM, PeterSt said:

Haha on the first question. 9_9 All those people who were using the Intona and 2x Clairixa, replaced that with 1x Lush^1. But hard to track down for real merits.

Personally I would try to avoid the Intona because in the end is bears a kind of "processing" sound. But, this could be personal again.

Difficult !

I don't use the Intona's 5V output. 5V USB power is provided to a Schiit Eitr by an Uptone Ultracap LPS-1. In my system, Intona + Eitr clearly sound better than Eitr or Intona alone. And I think the combo sounds better than Uptone ISO Regen (with Silanna ICE08USB), with or without Eitr..  Anyway, I must say that I'm rather skeptical about a USB cable improving SQ in my particular setup, but I may try a Lush^2.. 9_9

3 hours ago, John Haines said:

I must have something wrong here. 

The normal input for the Eiter device is AC, not from a DC output ‘wallwart’ is it not?

TheUltracaps puts out a clean DC voltage. 

It is a ‘better than a battery’ replacement. 

In that you are actually using what you indicated, please tell me where I am wrong. 

Thankyou

Yes, the Eitr is powered by its 6V AC power supply. I use the 5V DC power of the LPS-1 to 'replace' the Intona's 5V USB power, at the USB input of the Eitr.  

2 hours ago, PeterSt said:

I wouldn't mess with the set up of the power wires because you will be influencing the consistent setup of the data wires.

Hi Peter,
Are you saying that disconnecting the 5V power may impair the sonic properties of the Lush^2? Would a DAC that doesn't use 5V USB power (thus effectively disconnecting  the 5V power from the Lush^2) influence data transmission quality?

On 1/21/2019 at 8:22 PM, elcorso said:

It is one (among many) of the virtues of Lush ^ 2, it lets you choose, through the almost infinite pinouts, the one that most satisfies your taste and match your gear!

Roch

Actually (if I understand this correctly) there are only 225 electrically different configurations. At each end of the Lush^2 (A or B connector) there are 15 electrically distinct pinouts:  

B-W-Y-R
B-W-Y
B-W-R
B-Y-R
W-Y-R
B-W
B-Y
B-R
W-Y
W-R
Y-R
0 (no shields connected)
B-W & Y-R
B-Y & W-R
B-R & W-Y

Any other A or B configuration will be electrically equivalent to one of these 15 configurations. So with two configurable ends we have 15^2 = 225 different configurations.  

13 hours ago, PeterSt said:

It seems mind boggling, but it indeed it is that simple. And I changed the "specs" of Lush^2 but also Blaxius^2, ET^2 and HDMI^2 on it.

The Blaxius^2-Digital is even more disappointing :ph34r: :

You could add a fourth shield G (green). With the same 4+2 pin connector that would give 47 different electrical configurations per cable end, and 47^2 = 2209 different configurations overall B|:

B-W-Y-R
B-W-Y-G
B-W-R-G
B-Y-R-G
W-Y-R-G
B-W-Y
B-W-R
B-W-G
B-Y-R
B-Y-G
W-Y-R
W-Y-G
Y-R-G
R-G-B
B-W
B-Y
B-R
B-G
W-Y
W-R
W-G
Y-R
Y-G
0 (no shields connected)
B-W-Y & R-G
B-W-R & Y-G
B-W-G & Y-R
B-Y-R & W-G
B-Y-G & W-R
W-Y-R & B-G
W-Y-G & B-R
Y-R-G & B-W
R-G-B & W-Y
B-W & Y-R
B-W & Y-G
B-W & R-G
B-Y & W-R
B-Y & W-G
B-Y & R-G
B-R & W-Y
B-R & W-G
B-R & Y-G
B-G & W-Y
B-G & W-R
B-G & Y-R

W-Y & R-G
Y-R & W-G

For those interested in numbers B|, I found that if one randomly plugs any combination of BWYR into the 4+2 connectors of the Lush^2 then there are 835^2 = 697225 possible configurations. Of these, only 205^2 = 42025 are without redundant connections such as BWY & R (R is redundant) or Y & B (both Y and B are redundant). And, of course, only 15^2 = 225 configurations are electrically different from eachother (see post #470).  

• 3 months later...

Did anyone try A: W-Y-R & B, B: W-Y-R & B? The black wire connections (B) should do nothing, but since some here claim that jumpers on unused pins make a difference with the JSSG360^3 configuration and Lush^2, possibly connecting the black wire (ground) to one of the 2 unused outer pins will also make a difference.

BTW, did anyone do blind listening tests with different Lush^2 configurations?       

15 hours ago, austinpop said:

I've been traveling, so just got a chance to try this configuration. A few hours in, but I have to agree with you and others: this one is a definite keeper.

To be clear, I'm only replicating the shields, i.e. A:WYR, B:WYR. I can't be bothered messing with jumper configurations. In my case I have a vertical jumper on the pin with the red dot, and a second jumper spanning the 2 free pins on the far right.

Interestingly enough, I recently bought a 2nd Lush^2 cable to replace an existing JSSG360 Lush cable. I wanted to replace this:

custom server > Lush^2 > tX-USBultra > JSSG30 Lush > Hugo M Scaler

with

custom server > Lush^2 > tX-USBultra > Lush^2 > Hugo M Scaler

After receiving the 2nd Lush^2 from Peter, I was disappointed to find my server and DAC would not connect with both Lush^2's in the path. After I tried this latest WYR combo, on a whim I again tried the second Lush^2 in the path, and this now works.

I can't even begin to explain why. Perhaps floating the connectors (wire B) on both ends solves some issue... I don't know. Either way, the combination of 2 Lush^2's in the path, and the WYR combo is just fantastic!

Thanks for your experiments, @kurb1980

That's great! If this is repeatable it may demonstrate a real physical effect. :)

19 hours ago, Abtr said:

Of the 225 possible configurations of Lush^2, 143 configurations have no ground continuation, and only 25 configs have floating ground connectors on both ends.

Correction: 155 configurations have no ground continuation.

BTW, did anyone do blind listening tests with different Lush^2 configurations?

On 7/22/2019 at 8:51 AM, PeterSt said:

Abtr seems to be good at this, and I did not check it. Whether these all are to be called "cubed" ... I don't think so. But have it the same at both ends, may be called for that justification (I am sure my English fails on me here). Also, it seems to me that at least two shields must be involved (connected to each other) to call it "cubed" as such.

Of the 225 possible configurations for Lush^2 there are only 5 configurations with the same shield connections at both ends and without a shield to ground continuation:

W-Y-R and W-Y-R (JSSG360^3)
W-Y and W-Y (JSSG360)
W-R and W-R (JSSG360)
Y-R and Y-R (JSSG360)
0 and 0 (no shields connected)

The config at the bottom of the list may, as you say, not be called "cubed" (or even JSSG360) because no two shields are connected on both ends. The other configs can be called JSSG360 and only the top configuration can be called JSSG360 cubed.

21 hours ago, RickyV said:

Nice but how do they sound?

Probably not better than A:W-Y-R, B:W-Y-R (JSSG360 cubed). The shield in each configuration that is unconnected to other shields or ground (the black wire) on one end, and not connected to ground on the other end, may act as a large antenna.