IGNORED

Lush^2 - Share your configuration experiences

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, FileMakerDev said:

My audio chain is UltraRendu > Lush^2 > ISORegen > Light Harmonic Lightspeed > DAC

Like @austinpop, I expected to place the Lush^2 between the IR and the DAC, but was surprised to discover that I prefer it between the UR and IR by a considerable margin.

That's cool.  Perhaps now might be a good time for @PeterSt to at last burn-in and give a listen to the ISO REGEN/UltraCap LPS-1.2 bundle (that we traded to him for two Lush^2 cables months ago).  But then he might go mad with more combinations to experiment with! :D 

Of course I truly understand the limits of available time, as I myself have never had a chance to even once change my Lush^2 from the configuration it shipped in way back then (the paper says it shipped: A: B-Y & W-R,  B: B-Y).

From the above bi-continental experiments of the past couple of days, am I correct that Peter et al are now most preferring 

A: B-W-Y-R, B: B-W-R ?   Or should I go to the discussed and pictured A: B-W-Y B: B-W ?

I'm so confused...:S

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
22 hours ago, lmitche said:

I tried PNF and later PNF^2 but the clarity and transients of the default A:B-W-Y-R, B:B-W-R can't be beat musically with both cables before and after the USB REGEN.

Of course you mean ISO REGEN (not the original USB REGEN). 9_9

Now Larry, after all your tweaking of my NUC this past week, I'll have to go back and listen to the default Lush^2 config, PNF, and now PNF^2.

Crazy how different the first two sounded (from the way Peter shipped my cable so long ago: A: B-Y & W-R, B: B-Y) when I tried a couple of weeks ago.  Initially they both sounded very wrong to me, yet after a while they made more sense (in both senses of the word).

Fun stuff.

• 1 month later...
45 minutes ago, lmitche said:

JSSG360 = A:.WY1122 B : .WY11 22

I wish my favorite Linux geek would stop foisting his weird LUSH cable configuration syntax upon us! >:(

I’ve owned a Lush^2 for over a year and it was only a couple of months ago that I fully grocked the popular nomenclature for the jumpers. x-D

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, frederick184 said:

OK, like @lmitche I didn't leave the latest config in place long enough.  I decided to try again, and lo and behold it is better than A: B-W-Y B: B-W-Y.  It did take a while to show itself.

Hi Colin:  

So which config are you liking now?

And when was A: B-W-Y, B: B-W-Y discussed?  I thought @kurb1980's "Cubed" config was A: W-Y-R, B: W-Y-R.  So hard to keep up with you guys! x-D

1 hour ago, austinpop said:

A: B-W-Y, B: B-W-Y was @kurb1980 previous favorite, which several of us tried and liked.

Since he couldn't "kurb" his enthusiasm, he continued to experiment, identifying A: W-Y-R, B: W-Y-R as his new favorite. I agree with him, I like this config better too.  So I said bye-bye to BWY-BWY :D  and am now enjoying A: W-Y-R, B: W-Y-R.

1 hour ago, frederick184 said:

A: B-W-Y B: B-W-Y was Kurb1980’s previous config a couple pages back before JSSG360 cubed came along.  I liked that one better at the time but after reading Larry’s post that he hadn’t given it enough time in place, I gave it another shot and sure enough, it was better.  

Thanks to you both.  So I guess I got Kurb1980's config wrong and what I quoted as his is actually the latest one you are enamored with.  That's good because that it what I had written down on a Post-It to try next.  A: W-Y-R, B: W-Y-R. :D

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, str-1 said:

... and I guess I just assumed it worked with VBUS off because my tX-U does, and it definitely sounds better that way.

That’s because the ISO REGEN uses 5VBUS on its input (which we dedicate an LT3042 reg to turn into 3.3V) to power the upstream side of its Silanna high-speed galvanic isolator chip.

The SOtM tx-USB units do not offer galvanic isolation, so they do not require VBUS. That lack of isolation may also be why they sound better when VBUS is turned off.

As far as VBUS on the output side, that is entirely a function of the requirement of a given DAC’s USB input stage. 

• 2 months later...