IGNORED

Lush^2 - Share your configuration experiences

Greetings fellow Lushites. 🖖  

While I am quite tardy to the ^2 party I’ve been enjoying my orig version since early in its appearance.  I even started a thread way back when on using the Lush in conjunction with the Uptone isoRegen.  I am happy to state that just a couple of hours ago I took delivery of of a 70cm Lush^2. 

I had it in the system for less than an hour when I, just for the hell of it and not expecting much, sat down to listen. While I have not put the Lush1 back in, I sure am happy with what I am hearing - and this is w/o the LPS-1 fed isoRegen in the line. Knowing that this is likely to get even better puts a BIG smile on my face.  

Now I am reading about the "PFN" config which I would LOVE to try - though not until I’ve at least 100 hours on this new cable. Honestly, I am a bit unclear on understanding what the A: B-W & Y-R translates to.  Of course it is USB:A connector, but the “&” is throwing me. The B: B-W seems clearly to indicate that only the black and white are connected.  

A picture may be worth many words in this case.  Any assistance will be greatly appreciated. Already glad I finally did this ,,,, but I would not at all mind getting ever gladder. 😁

37 minutes ago, FileMakerDev said:

@Doak

I'm not at home to take a picture, but the basic idea is that you always start from the pin with the red dot on both the "USB-A" and "USB-B" ends of the L^2. Let's call the pin w/ the red dot "pin 1".

The six pins you see on each end are electrically grouped into (starting from pin 1) four and two, so when someone posts a config like "A: B-W-Y-R", they're saying (on the "USB-A" side of the cable) connect those four wires to the first four pins... the exact order doesn't matter, as long as all four wires end up on the first four pins. If they post "A: B-W & Y-R", that means connect B and W to pins 1 and 2, and Y and R to pins 5 and 6. Hope this helps.

Got it. 

Should be all I need, friend.

Thank You. 

• 2 weeks later...

Having logged at least 150 hours with the default config with plenty of listening along the way, I am now in the very early stage of experiencing the PFN config. Might I expect that this change will take some time to settle-in? Initial listening after reconfig has been somewhat of a sonic roller coaster ride - though at the moment I’d describe what I’m hearing as SPECTACULAR. 

2 hours ago, lasker98 said:

My experience with PNF config was noticing the bass change immediately. Beyond that I believe with this and any other configs I've tried, that there is a period, up to days for me, for "settle-in". Whether it's me settling in or the cable itself, it's always been a matter of days before everything seems consistent again. Nothing dramatic.

Yes, thanks. I was planning to post about this effect very possibly being me/my ears settling in rather than the cable. As the day went on yesterday the sound appeared to be more consistent. 

• 2 weeks later...

I am back to the default config and plan to stay with it, at least for the time being.

Vocal reproduction/nuance is of paramount importance to me.This reference cut of female vocal accompanied by upright bass cinched it.

Simply sounds more "right" with more natural voice with body and I believe a bit more sense of space. For me bass still comes through fine, if possibly more rounded tone. 

(as always: YMMV  9_9)

Song: Diana Panton - "Reaching for the Moon"

Album: "If the Moon Turns Green" Diana Panton, 2xHD

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, lmitche said:

I tried PNF and later PNF^2 but the clarity and transients of the default A:B-W-Y-R, B:B-W-R can't be beat musically with both cables before and after the USB REGEN.

Agree there’s an incredible “rightness” to most everything with the default config.

Will see/hear how well the “newest” wears. 

• 2 months later...

Vinyl vs Digital?

My vote is for BOTH. 

I can and do thoroughly enjoy both formats. 

My LP and digital playback front ends represent VERY similar investments of time, money and energy (mental & physical). Each has its own deficiencies and advantages.

There is much music that  I LOVE listening to via each one. What is great on one may NOT be great on the other. This is too often the case to forsake either. Alternatives are a wonderful asset that can be and are quite advantageous. 

Carry on. 

2 hours ago, Doak said:

Vinyl vs Digital?

My vote is for BOTH. 

I can and do thoroughly enjoy both formats. 

My LP and digital playback front ends represent VERY similar investments of time, money and energy (mental & physical). Each has its own deficiencies and advantages.

There is much music that  I LOVE listening to via each one. What is great on one may NOT be great on the other. This is too often the case to forsake either. Alternatives are a wonderful asset that can be and are quite advantageous. 

Carry on. 

Oops!. Wrong thread.

Sorry.