IGNORED

Lush^2 - Share your configuration experiences

Apparently the lush^2 brings - depending on the configuration - a whole new level of performance to the table. I gather it can also have a quite different character compared to the lush^1.

In what way and to what extend the lush^2 is different and better is what I'd like to know. Comparisons between other cables with anyones lush^2 configuration of choice could be very insightful. If you can, please do - I'm looking for a new cable so I'm very interested!

Thanks!

6 hours ago, PeterSt said:

@bluebeat, I don't know whether I myself can (or am allowed to) have a decent answer, but do you own the original Lush ?

Hi @PeterSt

No, I don't own the original Lush. I read several reviews and comparisons, and always was attracted to it's strong points. Nevertheless I got the impression that the cable was not necessarily for me, regarding my system, my ears and my preferences. In addition to that I didn't really need a new cable. That's about to change.

I want to re-arrange my components, and a longer cable is desirable. And I'm looking for a step up in performance from my Curious usb cable. I'm thinking about a shortlist. The Lush^2 came to mind of course. The tweaking possibilities are a nice bonus. On top of that, a cable that's made not an hour's drive from my hometown has a special attraction. So I'm curious...

Cheers

On 9/13/2018 at 11:44 AM, PeterSt said:

Yes and No. No because I am fairly confident that the inherent nature remained - that is, when I'd compare it with our Clairixa (which is made to USB spec as "perfect" as I could do it and which is a most analytical cable), then no configuration of the Lush^2 ever brought anything of that to the table. What the Lush^2 can do though - and I am fairly confident about that - is that it corrects *or* improves the USB interface in general.

Hi @PeterSt

Thanks for your answer. It helps.

Detail is important to me, but that said, I think analytical isn't the same. Lush^2 remains an interesting cable - a full bodied and musical sound... who wouldn't want that? I'll keep a close eye on this thread, any comparison or description will help. Thanks!   

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, AB835 said:

Peter 

Lush 2  - A: B-W-Y-R, B: B-W-R  replaced what I considered my reference Cable between Iso Regen and Ayre QX-5 20.. Been listening to this configuration for 6 days now. " "Unbelievable Improvement"", Thanks Peter.

Hi AB835

As another QX-5/20 owner I'm very curious... What was your reference cable? And in what way(s) did the Lush^2 bring improvement?

Thanks!

Hi @AB835

That helps! Great, thanks!

Would you describe the sound with the Lush^2 A: B-W-Y-R , B: B-W-R significantly warmer? How about detail - same level as the Wireworld Platinum Starlight, or more or less? 

Do you also use the Ayre AX-5/20?

Sorry about all the questions - I've narrowed my choice down to two cables, the Lush^2 and the (much more expensive) Habst Ultra III. And I'm trying to decide...

Marc

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Haven't completely taken in A: B-W-Y B: B-W yet, but shure enough soundstage is very wide. I like that, but it might be too much in the long run. Little depth, check. Very noticable, but doesn't bother me that much ... yet. More balance i.e. less emphasis on drums and bass compared to A:B-W-Y-R, B :B-W-R, which is good, I'm with kurb1980, sounds like a weird kind of EQ-ing to me. No buzzing effects as PeterSt described.

I'm likely to try someting else this weekend for comparisons sake, I'm curious what A: B-W-R B: B-W, that FileMakerDev uses, brings to the table. And of course A: B-W B: - that PeterSt suggested.

But so far I think A: B-Y & W-R B : B-Y sounded best to me, though still a bit to much emphasis on drums and bass, presentationwise.

To be continued ...

37 minutes ago, AmusedToD said:

My mistake, I mistyped the configuration, it should be A: B-W & Y-R; B: B-W-R.

Common mistake 😉

@PeterStBut technically, whats exactly the difference between these two: A: B-W & Y-R; B: B-W-R versus  A: B-W-Y-R, B: B-W-R. I lost track of what the & does. The '&' means the U-shaped thingy is used, right? Does it make a connection or does it 'just' secure the pins of the 6-pronged connector, to make sure they don't involuntarily touch each other?

Thanks!

I like what A: B-W-R B: B-W  is doing. More balanced compared to A: B-W-Y-R, B: B-W-R. The ultra wide soundstage of A: B-W-Y B: B-W is gone of course, but soundstage depth is back. On the other hand it sounds a bit dark to me. I'll continue to use it for now, trying not to switch to quick. 

More to follow (in due time)...

1 hour ago, PeterSt said:

With B-W & Y-R the Black and White are tied together. The Yellow and Red are also tied together, but separate from the B-W. So they are two groups. Black and White make connection. Yellow and Red also make connection. Both groups are not connected to each other.

With B-W-Y-R all Black, White Yellow and Red are connected to each other.

Mind you please, at the side of the cable of concern (in this case the A side / connector). It is thus NOT so that once they are connected at one side, the other side does not matter much "because they are connected already". The fact that one side something is connected and at the other side it is not, is super-crucial. This is because this is not about signal connections but about shielding.

1913034979_wacko1.gif.09b7fdc389da5a8e80efc47d52355804.gif

Yep. Thanks @PeterSt So far so good. But what does the 'U-shaped thingy' do? Make a connection, or not? The & is that thingy, right?

• 2 months later...
On 4/14/2019 at 1:25 AM, d_elm said:

PNF is A:B-W & Y-R, B:B-W and shipping default has been A:B-W-Y-R,B:B-W-R.  Do you want to restate your findings ?

Wow. 🤔I'll have to! Thanks for pointing that out d_elm. I definitly got some Lush wires crossed here.😉 I'll dive in as soon as I've time.

Cheers!

On 4/14/2019 at 5:09 AM, PeterSt said:

Hi bluebeat - would you be helped by extra *low* HF output ? I mean, I should be able to find at least one config which complies to that explicitly, but ...

But for me it would give the stuffed ear feeling. I am not sure it will be the one or the other and that nothing exists in between, but for me, as soon as the stuffed ear sense appears, I am out. But now you with the tinnitus ...

??

Something else is that I think that I know what you mean. And if I am right on that, you should use quite different means to counterattack your sensations. Suppose you'd drive by and pop in, I could try to show you ...

Regards,

Peter

Hi Peter,

Hard to say if low HF output will help. Before your Lush^2 I used a Curious, which is a bit brash compared to the Lush-cables, but that wasn't a problem. My guess is my ears can't stand *extra* HF energy in a particular bandwith. So it's trial and error. The default isn't giving me problems, but is not wholly satisfying SQ wise.

It sure enough would be nice to drive up to your place again and do some experimenting, but I need to take into account in my room, my equipment etc. And it takes awhile before I can determine what the cable does. Then again, I'm not sure what means you have in mind.

It'll be best if I give you a call one of these days. Quite busy though, so it might take some time before I come around to that.

Cheers

• 3 months later...
On 4/15/2019 at 10:12 AM, bluebeat said:

Wow. 🤔I'll have to! Thanks for pointing that out d_elm. I definitly got some Lush wires crossed here.😉 I'll dive in as soon as I've time.

Cheers!

Not that important anymore, but I promised to return to my findings, because I mixed up A:B-W & Y-R, B:B-W and A:B-W & Y-R, B:B-W-R back in April. I tried them both (again) to compare them. In short, there weren't much differences between the two, regarding the impact for my ears and tinnitus.

I've been using A:B-R & W-Y B:B-R on both cables for some time now, from the MicroRendu to the ISO-Regen, and from the IR to the QX-5 Twenty. Very pleasant and best so far, SQ-wise, this config also has some impact on my tinnitus, but less so.

I'll try the latest flavour i.e. A:W-Y-R, B:W-Y-R. I'm very curious. I don't have much time to experiment myself that much, but I do appreciate all the efforts and the reports I've read since checking in again. Great!