IGNORED

Lush^2 - Share your configuration experiences

10 hours ago, PeterSt said:

A: B-R & W-Y, B: B-R ...

Yes, I think this is a keeper.

Yesterday was my 4th day with this configuration, and I don't recall that even the slightest disturbed me, throughout. Instead somehow again more detail comes forward in everything, while at the same time there is even more palpability. Highs splash very nicely and the older (uncompressed) music comes forward as never before.

Bass roars mysteriously (with the proper music for it, of course).

Great stuff, this cable. Haha.

Peter:  Thanks for trying this configuration.  If nothing else, it's nice to have one's findings validated in this very confusing and highly subjective hobby.  Everyone's system can certainly perform differently, so you can never say any particular component (or setting in this case) will work for all.

I had actually not found time to really listen since my last post.  I have been running the PC and DAC as much as possible, but no listening time until yesterday.  It didn't take but a few tracks to find the sound thin and not very engaging.  I was disappointed to say the least.  I thought maybe the cable had finally settled in, and I would need to revisit various configurations.  Then I remembered something.  I changed the configuration at the end of my last listening session!

I was reading posts and wondered what would happen if I tried the JSSG360 version of my configuration.  Basically I just changed the B side configuration from B:B-R to B:B-R & W-Y.  I don't remember really hearing all that much of a difference at the end of my listening session, but I did not remember hearing what I was now hearing.  So I swapped it back by just pulling the W and Y wired off the B side.  Boom!  The amazing sound I remembered was back.  I am completely shocked such a seemingly tiny change affects the sound SO much.  Crazy!  

• 4 weeks later...