IGNORED

Article: Kii THREE Loudspeaker Review

Congratulations! 

Did you buy the THREE and the BTX as a set or did you audition them separately?   I'm very satisfied with my THREE's as it, but I'm very curious about what new the BTX would bring to the table....  It'd better be a lot, since they cost more than the full-range THREE's by themselves!

Roon --> ultraRendu/Uptone LPS-1 --> Kii CONTROL --> Kii THREE active speakers (everything on Black Ravioli bases and footers)

I'll don't have the cash to buy the BXT's, but I'd certainly be interested to hear what you think they add to just the Kii's. Hopefully I'll get to hear them sometime. 

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

On 4/18/2019 at 6:11 PM, input username here said:

Congratulations! 

Did you buy the THREE and the BTX as a set or did you audition them separately?   I'm very satisfied with my THREE's as it, but I'm very curious about what new the BTX would bring to the table....  It'd better be a lot, since they cost more than the full-range THREE's by themselves!

I got them together.  There is a special software switch in the firmware I have to switch the BXT off and on.  The BXT is something you just cannot forget that you have heard.  I am not ready to try to describe it yet.  I want to be careful here as I am now a dealer for Kii.

1 hour ago, bobfa said:

I got them together.  There is a special software switch in the firmware I have to switch the BXT off and on.  The BXT is something you just cannot forget that you have heard.  I am not ready to try to describe it yet.  I want to be careful here as I am now a dealer for Kii.

Looking forward to your impressions when you are ready to give them. 

Honestly, the price of the BXT relative to the THREEs, is a little bit of a tough pill to swallow--given that it just extends the dynamic range of an already full range design.  But I suppose if you look at the numbers of drivers, amps, size of the cabinet, etc., it makes some sense... it is what it is, I guess.  

Roon --> ultraRendu/Uptone LPS-1 --> Kii CONTROL --> Kii THREE active speakers (everything on Black Ravioli bases and footers)

1 hour ago, input username here said:

Looking forward to your impressions when you are ready to give them. 

Honestly, the price of the BXT relative to the THREEs, is a little bit of a tough pill to swallow--given that it just extends the dynamic range of an already full range design.  But I suppose if you look at the numbers of drivers, amps, size of the cabinet, etc., it makes some sense... it is what it is, I guess.  

It's like everything in high end audio - steep diminishing returns curve vs. rising price: you have to pay a lot to get that last added bit of performance. That's not a criticism, that's just the way things work. I'm happy with my Threes and couldn't afford the BXT anyway. Sometimes you just have to do the best you can and not worry about those who can afford more than you can. 
I hope people that can afford them enjoy them. 

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

• 6 months later...
  • 7 months later...